Back to forum
rss 261 weeks ago
Hi guys,
I've been home sick since Friday morning, so I've had some time to make more art.
Here's a drawing a created today that I'd like to sub for tee design. It's drawn with a very thin black pen (copic marker).
I tried the branch across the chest placement (my original idea), but then I have to re-size the design to fit, which
makes it hard to see details. What do you think of this one?

I would like to see what you suggest for placement and color of shirt/design. Thanks in advance!!

24Comments
    261 weeks ago
    Maybe diagonal? From top to bottom doesn't strike as natural.
    Also, I think naturalistic green would be cool, although the design seems to be more of a "chick design," so my opinions on the color might be irrelevant. :p
    261 weeks ago
    I started coloring in white. I made another mock-up, but I can't seem to angle it (to be diagonal)
    too much without having to crop or mass-resize to fit it all...
    3437350916_af3e0621f3_o.jpg
    261 weeks ago
    Another idea is maybe do it this way...?
    3436562585_f6d8ae652f_o.jpg
    261 weeks ago
    The first two mockups feel awkward in my opinion. The third is going somewhere. I really like how the flowers fall on the shoulder but I feel like it ends too abruptly and I want more to happen further down.

I wont even try to give color suggestions... I'm no good with color.
    261 weeks ago
    OMG!! This is one I will totally buy. I love it. The colors look great, actually!
    261 weeks ago
    I think the white is a great and necessary addition. There's still more you could do with the white especially in the butterflies' wings. Maybe even make another white design in the wings rather than simply filling them in, just a thought. In terms of placement, I think the first one is the best. Sure it doesn't seem natural (as it would appear in nature) but in my opinion all that does is give the shirt a fresh look rather than an awkward look. Just my two cents.
    261 weeks ago
    last one is the one, sell it or sub it!
    261 weeks ago
    i'm very much enjoying the first one actually, brach even coming from the bottom could work too. either way, good stuff olechka
    261 weeks ago
    edit; Branch*
    261 weeks ago
    Thanks for all the feedback. I think that I will stick with the placement of the 1st mock-up.
    Now I'm starting to add white and detail. I think I'm going to keep it at 2 colors. What do you think of this so far?
    3439174443_13b68f4834_o.jpg
    261 weeks ago
    I second liner in wanting more attention drawn to the butterflies! But I like where you are going with it so far.
    261 weeks ago
    I second liner in wanting more attention drawn to the butterflies! But I like where you are going with it so far.
    261 weeks ago
    Alright, here's another update.
    What do you think about the little white butterflies on the sleeve?
    I was going to put a large one somewhere in the design, but it seemed too cluttered.

3439748373_ff7f0b52c3_o.jpg
    261 weeks ago
    Love it. Can't wait to own another shirt by you. I own the hummingbird and fragile.

I don't think the white butterflies fit. They aren't are same style really as the others.
    261 weeks ago
    Man, I'm digging it now. Although the white butterflies seems bit out of place, partially due to its color.
    261 weeks ago
    Wow, it's coming along so well. I'd say take the white butterflies off of the sleeve and throw a highlight down from the arrow or barb, whatever you want to call it, coming out of the tip of the middle branch and see how or if the white butterflies fit there. Maybe a small white bead of dew on the spider web part, otherwise, I love what you've done with it!
    261 weeks ago
    Thanks, liner13, and everyone else.
    I've played around with it some more, took out a few things and added some more white in areas.
    I also found a much better template, so you can see details better. This is pretty close being done.
    It's called "Spring," and I think I'll sub it to TeeFury.

3440294995_6116d77664_o.jpg
    261 weeks ago
    Added the water droplets and some more details...
    3442197728_054979e794_b.jpg
    261 weeks ago
    The placement kinda makes me think of:

whatIsee.jpg
    261 weeks ago
    No, I love it. It's perfect. Print that ish.
    261 weeks ago
    The placement kinda makes me think of:

whatever you do, do NOT print that one. :/ I like this one:

3440294995_6116d77664_o.jpg
    261 weeks ago
    and the one that is third from top.
    260 weeks ago
    Thanks for all the feedback!

It's up for voting at Teextile

Spring on teextile

260 weeks ago
    If that gets printed by Teextile, it'll be my first Teextile purchase. :P