So I've been working on this design for about 2 weeks now, between actually coming up with the idea, sketching it and then starting production, but wanted some feedback on it as I am a first time teefury poster and hope to get this submitted and printed one day. I'm still in the very early stages of production as you can see, and would love some suggestions on the wording of the whole thing, and if I should stick with the blue/blue suit, or if I should give Finn a Barney suit and make it black.

Also, Finn's hands are in his pockets as the reference photo of Barney's suit I was using had Barney's hands in his jacket pockets if anyone is wondering why he has no hands.

Sketch / Final Idea:

WIP:
3Comments
    78 weeks ago
    Heya jwdesigns, how are you? I personally dont know more than ive picked up on here about Adventure Time, but I can see straight away that this is a great likeness of Fin. I love HIMYM, and the quote is brilliantly tweaked for the mashedpotato. Very cleverly done my friend. :) The only advice I would give is to make sure the suit is very recognisable. I would have it as black, to emphasise the HIMYM aspect, and just be careful that the collar and lapels look as sharp as possible. In your sketch, the collar looks a little strange. Keep working on it, I'd love to see the progress! ~G
    78 weeks ago
    I'm good, you? Yeah in the sketch, I had been originally just sketching Finn as if he was wearing his usual ensemble, and then I ended up adding the suit afterwards, but since I had sketched it out in pen, I had to just make do. Everything is going to be moved up wards as you can tell by the actual WIP.

nurse_why said: Heya jwdesigns, how are you? I personally dont know more than ive picked up on here about Adventure Time, but I can see straight away that this is a great likeness of Fin. I love HIMYM, and the quote is brilliantly tweaked for the mashedpotato. Very cleverly done my friend. :) The only advice I would give is to make sure the suit is very recognisable. I would have it as black, to emphasise the HIMYM aspect, and just be careful that the collar and lapels look as sharp as possible. In your sketch, the collar looks a little strange. Keep working on it, I'd love to see the progress! ~G
    77 weeks ago
    I'm very well thank you. Oh, ok- cool! Keep posting updates, and I'll try to remember to keep coming back if you'd like more advice. But great concept, I cant wait to see more of it. :) ~G