Back to forum
image zipper
rss 86 weeks ago
Hello TeeFurians!

Many of you may have noticed us testing out a new feature here at TeeFury called After Hours.

After ironing out a few wrinkles, we are ready to make the official announcement.

Here's how it works:

• For those who miss the midnight (Eastern Time) cutoff on a design, After Hours gives you a second chance!

• Each design, both daily tees and TwoFury designs, will be made available for purchase at a slightly higher price for nine additional hours (until 9AM Eastern).

• If you miss the day's design, and it is still before 9AM Eastern, just click on the After Hours link from the TeeFury home page and grab the tee you missed!

Let us know what you think!

Love,

The TeeFury Team
20Comments
    86 weeks ago
    Cool!
    86 weeks ago
    This isnt a question as much as a suggestion. What would be INSANELY cool would be if maybe once or twice a year, you made your entire catalogue of shirts available for purchase for x amount of time. That would be nuts! Don't know the inner workings of your company so I don't even know if this is even possible but there's just no way I wouldn't make a purchase or five if you did this. You could call it The TeeFury Furious Sale or something. I dont know. I'm no marketing major (obvs). Anyways, carry on with the good work fellas.
    86 weeks ago
    Smashing idea!
    86 weeks ago
    "What would be INSANELY cool would be if maybe once or twice a year, you made your entire catalogue of shirts available for purchase for x amount of time."

Yes please!!!
    86 weeks ago
    I love the idea. Just missed a design a week or so ago! I'd also love the option to purchase back catalogue designs at a higher price.
    86 weeks ago
    I like the extended hours idea - I have had the pangs of regret of not ordering a shirt in the timeframe.
    I do like the idea of an open catalogue sale, but I'm thinking that might overwhelm you folks. Perhaps a quarterly sale with portions of your catalogue might be more managable?
    86 weeks ago
    Thank you. This makes it much easier to mull over and then not to panic when you forget to go back.
    86 weeks ago
    I noticed on the first twofury designs you didnt offer the afterhours, i was bummed and i missed out on the Street Fighter x Calvin & Hobbes Shirt. That is my only complaint.

But its great to know and to have it on FOREVER.

86 weeks ago
    Having a back catalogue of more than a few days would be really impractical. As far as I know, Teefury prints after the design has sold so they only need to print as many as were sold and don't have to keep much inventory. Printing a few hundred or thousand of one design is much easier than printing a few dozen of each the past years designs. For one, they'd have to keep all the screens around. Also Teefury doesn't own the rights to the design (the artist does) and if teefury is still printing it, the artist can't sell it elsewhere.
    86 weeks ago
    Most artists seem to have the shirts at their own shop after the sale ends. Check the artist's profile and usually you can find a link to the shirt (usually at a much higher price though).
    86 weeks ago
    How on earth can we get shirts that we missed by more than a day, sans the 1:60 grab bag? I must get the Red Rum shirt inspired by "The Shining"! lol. Surely, there must be a way???
    86 weeks ago
    jdlyons said: This isnt a question as much as a suggestion. What would be INSANELY cool would be if maybe once or twice a year, you made your entire catalogue of shirts available for purchase for x amount of time.

Aside from the incredible technical difficulties...
    *Every T-shirt is Silk Screened
    *Every Silk Screen has to be set up (an expensive time consuming process)
    *There is one Screen for every ink color on every shirt (Anywhere from 1 to 6 inks)
    *Assuming an average of 3 inks per shirt, that'd be 1095 screens for a year's worth of designs

...there's also the problem that Artists have only given a limited license for their designs to be used on TeeFury (Used to be 24 hours, now it's a bit longer with After Hours).

Personally I wouldn't have a problem extending the license of a design printed here as long as I still got paid. But from a cost, time and work effort it isn't something TeeFury can do.

I know it's a shame, it'd be super cool if they could do it, but most Artists have a shop on RedBubble or elsewhere if you really missed every opportunity to get their design. After all, you've got the Sale day itself, now After Hours and also a possible Grab Bag lucky find or trade. If you miss all those, check out the Artist's personal site usually linked in their forum profile.

There will always be people that miss designs; you could sell a shirt for 72 hours and some people will still have missed it on the 73rd hour. Those are the breaks.

If you want a really cool shirt that's ultra rare, don't leave it too late. ;)
    84 weeks ago
    This was a great idea. Saved my bacon getting "The Black Knight Rising" It was up the day before I got paid and with it in "After Hours" I was able to get it :-)
    84 weeks ago
    Before 9 am.. damn missed it. At least I know for future. Thanks guys!
    83 weeks ago
    Argh, I forgot to buy yesterday's design, but it doesn't seem to be available on the After Hours page :( Does it sometimes take a few hours to show up there, or do some designs not become available there at all?
    83 weeks ago
    I'm also having trouble getting to After Hours. I keep getting redirected to the main page :-(
    83 weeks ago
    I NEED yesterdays shirt but where is the After Hours link?!?!?!?!?!
    80 weeks ago
    Chuffy said:
    jdlyons said: This isnt a question as much as a suggestion. What would be INSANELY cool would be if maybe once or twice a year, you made your entire catalogue of shirts available for purchase for x amount of time.

Aside from the incredible technical difficulties...

*Every T-shirt is Silk Screened

*Every Silk Screen has to be set up (an expensive time consuming process)

*There is one Screen for every ink color on every shirt (Anywhere from 1 to 6 inks)

*Assuming an average of 3 inks per shirt, that'd be 1095 screens for a year's worth of designs

...there's also the problem that Artists have only given a limited license for their designs to be used on TeeFury (Used to be 24 hours, now it's a bit longer with After Hours).

Personally I wouldn't have a problem extending the license of a design printed here as long as I still got paid. But from a cost, time and work effort it isn't something TeeFury can do.

I know it's a shame, it'd be super cool if they could do it, but most Artists have a shop on RedBubble or elsewhere if you really missed every opportunity to get their design. After all, you've got the Sale day itself, now After Hours and also a possible Grab Bag lucky find or trade. If you miss all those, check out the Artist's personal site usually linked in their forum profile.

There will always be people that miss designs; you could sell a shirt for 72 hours and some people will still have missed it on the 73rd hour. Those are the breaks.

If you want a really cool shirt that's ultra rare, don't leave it too late. ;)

Excellent explanation Ty
    78 weeks ago
    Great idea, especially for people in different time zones. I didn't even notice this until now.
    8 weeks ago
    jdlyons said: This isnt a question as much as a suggestion. What would be INSANELY cool would be if maybe once or twice a year, you made your entire catalogue of shirts available for purchase for x amount of time. That would be nuts! Don't know the inner workings of your company so I don't even know if this is even possible but there's just no way I wouldn't make a purchase or five if you did this. You could call it The TeeFury Furious Sale or something. I dont know. I'm no marketing major (obvs). Anyways, carry on with the good work fellas.

+1 - this is a fantastic idea.