Back to forum
rss 88 weeks ago
I'm thinking of submitting this design, but I'm not sure if there would be any interest. What do you guys think?

I'm not too sure about whether the 'Motorcycle Club' text helps or hurts the design. Any input would be appreciated.
15Comments
    88 weeks ago
    There's something wrong with your webhost, because neither the image nor the main site will load. Since you pay for it, I'd have words with them. I had a similar problem with GoDaddy a while back.
    88 weeks ago
    OK it's loaded now. It appears to be a very competent mash-up of Sailor Moon & Sons of Anarchy. Unfortunately I have very little knowledge of either, until recently I assumed Sailor Moon was pr0n. Is there a link between the two? (Moon and Anarchy I mean, not pr0n)

Anyway, nicely executed. :)
    88 weeks ago
    Chuffy said: OK it's loaded now. It appears to be a very competent mash-up of Sailor Moon & Sons of Anarchy. Unfortunately I have very little knowledge of either, until recently I assumed Sailor Moon was pr0n. Is there a link between the two? (Moon and Anarchy I mean, not pr0n)

Anyway, nicely executed. :)

It's not really supposed to be a Sons of Anarchy mash.

I just had the idea to do a Scouts biker gang emblem. Kind of like baseball/sports team shirts (The Gotham Bats, The Hyrule Heros, etc), but with a motorcycle club instead. Also, I really wanted to make Usagi's head into a skull.
    88 weeks ago
    mechantfille said: It's not really supposed to be a Sons of Anarchy mash.

I just had the idea to do a Scouts biker gang emblem. Kind of like baseball/sports team shirts...

I understand. I did a little reading up on Sailor Moon and now I can see the various references, Crystal, will punish, the Moon emblem on the Bow and the Hairstyle. It seems to tick all the boxes and you have a nice distress too, which can be tricky. Looks like it could be a splash page from a comic.

If I could make one minor suggestion to fix, and I've made the same error myself in the past, the kerning is slightly off. 'S' of sailor, second 'S' of scouts, 'ST' of crystal. Which reminds me I have an old piece that needs re-kerning. Most people wouldn't notice it, but you know how discerning and demanding some TeeFury customers can be. ;)
    88 weeks ago
    I love this. I would buy it. Submit it right meow!
    88 weeks ago
    That's fantastic. I kind of wish it said 'soldiers' instead of 'scouts', though.
    88 weeks ago
    Ya I agree with BloodyQueen. Soldiers sounds tougher like a biker gang. Don't know to much about Sailor Moon but ya fix scouts to solders and I say submit.
    88 weeks ago
    I'd buy in a heartbeat. I agree with Chuffy abut the lettering. The S's have too much space around them compared to other letters.
    88 weeks ago
    Several people (not just here on Tee Fury) have suggested "Sailor Soldiers" instead of "Scouts", so I changed it and tried to fix the kerning issues. Here's the update:

pW4jx.jpg

88 weeks ago
    Very tidy. It was pretty good before, now it's perfect. :)
    88 weeks ago
    That looks wonderful. :D
    88 weeks ago
    I'd definitely consider buying this if it gets chosen. I am also a 26-year-old male so... that's saying something about how awesome this design is.
    88 weeks ago
    I just submitted it to Teefury :) Thanks for all the suggestions and feeback everyone!
    86 weeks ago
    I'm obsessed. I want this.
    86 weeks ago
    I wouldn't buy it, because I'm not a fan of Sailor Moon, but I LOVE the design.