Back to forum
rss 97 weeks ago
Before I actually submit my design to Teefury (which would be the first sub for me) I wanted to get some opinions on what the design needs. I've been debating the color scheme which is why it's currently in grayscale. However an earlier version I created had an icy blue-faced Walt (to match the product) which is still a possibility.

The original version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpjzr8dcpcdqegl/BB_Walt.jpg

And the bordered version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkyaweulwe66czv/BB_Walt_Alt.jpg

Suggestions and comments on the possible color choices or overall design are welcomed!

18Comments
    97 weeks ago
    This is great, and I'm not even a fan of the series. The border makes the colors seem deeper. Keep it--it makes it feel more complete.

Good job, and good luck.
    97 weeks ago
    Thanks, Pattywagon! I appreciate it.
    97 weeks ago
    That... is flat out amazing skill. I LOVE it!
    97 weeks ago
    Thanks a bunch! I'm thinking about adding the collar and a bit of the hood from his haz mat suit and possibly adding some beakers in the middle ground to make it feel more complete.
    96 weeks ago
    Fantastic! Such a great design! I love the show and would buy this on a shirt in a heartbeat!

Personally I like the first design, without the border, because it would look more cohesive with a shirt. But they're both just amazing! Also, I think it would almost benefit with more variety with the elements of the periodic table in the background.
    96 weeks ago
    Thanks for the comment and the suggestion, origamiP! Having a mixture of various elements was something that I started playing around with but took out at the last minute. Now that you've mentioned it though, I'm going to add them back into the latest version and see how it looks. Thanks again for the help!

Side Note: I LOVE your avatar. PvZ was and continues to be a favorite of mine.
    96 weeks ago
    I made the final adjustments to my design, and now it's a WIP no more! Thanks to everyone for all of your comments and suggestions. See the final version below.

BB_Walt_640.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qq6x84fsoo63krz/BB_Walt_640.jpg
    96 weeks ago
    That is awesome, I'd buy that for sure.
    96 weeks ago
    me gusta.
    96 weeks ago
    I'd buy this is a heartbeat. The artwork is gorgeous. I love the lines of his face.
    96 weeks ago
    Thanks everyone! Here's to hoping it gets printed. *fingers crossed*
    96 weeks ago
    really great design ... nice work on the lines and shadows
    the only thing I'd have to "criticize" would be that it looks as if Walt has a weird hairdo or his head on fire in the last version. not sure about that. but it's still very very good.

I made one for Jesse btw ;D
    'cuz I like Jesse
    96 weeks ago
    Awesome! I definitely need a breaking bad shirt.
    96 weeks ago
    Great work! I would most definitely buy this!
    96 weeks ago
    Looks really great! I personally think the borderless one would look better when printed on a shirt, but I do like some of the contrast of the bordered one. Maybe if you darkened the profile lines of the first one? Great stuff!
    95 weeks ago
    kgullholman Thanks for the comment and the criticism. I definitely considered how the flammable sign might be taken as a funky Walt hairdo (which he could rock regardless!) but looking at the design without it just didn't look right to me after awhile so I left it in. Something about it felt more cohesive to me.

heyboova & bufkin Thanks! I hope it's chosen.

Rhymo Thank you for the suggestions on the previous design, but if you scroll down a little further you'll find my reworked/submitted design. I hope you like it as much as the pic in my original post!
    95 weeks ago
    This shirt looks really good all your versions of it! personally I liked the second one the best but I do like the addition of the color in your final one.
    good luck I hope it gets printed :)
    95 weeks ago
    I like the borderless design the best.