Back to forum
rss 106 weeks ago
I just started looking into t shirt design and this is my first idea and attempt at using gimp. I was just hoping for the opinions of other artists and what they like and don't like about the design.

7Comments
    106 weeks ago
    You should probably alternate some of the line thickness on Yoda.
    106 weeks ago
    good idea!! maybe just work on Yoda a bit and would probably be an insta-buy for me!!
    106 weeks ago
    I would try and match the starbucks font better. Also make the text on a path around the circle. Overall it's a strong and cool concept but it need better execution. Really study the style of the starbucks logo and do you best to draw Yoda in that style. Good luck to you.
    106 weeks ago
    Okay, I still haven't messed with the lettering yet, but I changed the picture of Yoda around and used different line thickness. What do you think of the new Yoda?

x675?noinc=1
    106 weeks ago
    The body thickness is just too much of the same line quality. Also it seems you are drawing by hand in Photoshop, with squiggly lines that look like your hand was shaking... Try using Illustrator for more flowing, natural lines without the mistakes. The full-front on view of Yoda isn't as insteresting as your Yoda with lightsaber; and try to get more definition in his chin-even a small line showing where it is would help his face. The tips of his ears are cut off....??
    106 weeks ago
    Try to do something like this. Do not copy it because that would be stealing. But look at how the capture the detail with shape. You want to to do yours with just black and white. Make the negative space black and the postive white. Good luck.
    http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/dj-yoda-shirt-1.jpg
    105 weeks ago
    Thank you all for your responses. I am still deciding which direction I want to go. I tried keeping line thickness somewhat uniform because that is how the lines are in the starbucks logo. Also unfortunately I am a poor college student so I do not have the funds to purchase illustrator. Im trying to keep the design simple like the mermaid. I will continue to work on the design. Any more ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!