This is a Daft Punk/Super Mario MashedPotato I've been working on and I'm not sure about it. This is the "full color" version I'm posting, so it's not yet been reduced to 6 colors.

I'm just looking for some feedback on it. My big concern is that it came out looking a little juvenile.
I'm also thinking of adding a question box over the 'jump it, stomp it' part. What do you guys think?
7Comments
    109 weeks ago
    I like it. Overall it follows the Mario style. You're right though, in thinking the tag up top needs something. Right now, it seems detached, unrelated, and most of all flat. There's a lot of dimension in the rest of the piece. The question box might be a nice addition but I won't fix the copy up there. Perhaps a simplified bevel and shadow treatment. Just my to pesos.
    109 weeks ago
    I would get rid of the first part and maybe put a question block up there or something. But I like it!!!
    109 weeks ago
    Love this

My suggestion to make this better would be in line with some of the other comments.

but instead of replacing text at top with a question mark box.
    My 2 cents would be, replace it with an outline of Marios head and colour in mustache. Or even just the mustache or some permutation of this .

that way it screams of Mario Making things"Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger"
    109 weeks ago
    chefleclef said: Love this

My suggestion to make this better would be in line with some of the other comments.

but instead of replacing text at top with a question mark box.

My 2 cents would be, replace it with an outline of Marios head and colour in mustache. Or even just the mustache or some permutation of this .

that way it screams of Mario Making things"Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger"

As well as those items
    109 weeks ago
    Dang I wish I had noticed this before I had posted first time but when it comes to the red shell, what is the second hole on the side for? (a wing maybe)
    or is that a mistake?
    109 weeks ago
    chefleclef said: Dang I wish I had noticed this before I had posted first time but when it comes to the red shell, what is the second hole on the side for? (a wing maybe)

or is that a mistake?

That's the koopa's armhole.
    109 weeks ago
    Very clever! Nice clean design, as well