Back to forum
rss 111 weeks ago
So I've been slaving away at this piece of work... and I'm finally calling it finished and have submitted it.

(Click to see it in hi-res)

What do you think? The art is 6 colors, so it can print on any shirt color, though I favor powder blue :-)
11Comments
    111 weeks ago
    I love that you included Rory. It's my opinion that there is not enough Rory love out there.
    111 weeks ago
    Amy and Rory! Nice work!
    111 weeks ago
    i also agree with how great it is to have Rory be a part of it but, and this is just a suggestion, maybe you could add more variety? im not sure about the design repeating Rory and the Tardis again and again. anyways, this is really great. :D
    111 weeks ago
    justkidding said: i also agree with how great it is to have Rory be a part of it but, and this is just a suggestion, maybe you could add more variety? im not sure about the design repeating Rory and the Tardis again and again. anyways, this is really great. :D

Thanks! I actually did that symbolically - for a while both the Doctor and Rory's lives revolve around Amy. Also, most Art Nouveau pieces feature a repeating circular-shaped kaleidoscope.
    111 weeks ago
    So it just occurred to me that I neglected to show you guys the finished version, because I left out her nostril. Oh Illustrator and how you make me forget to make all the layers visible.

So yes, here she is, with her nostril. XD
    (click for a higher res)
    scaled.php?server=141&filename=ameliapondnouveau.jpg&res=medium
    111 weeks ago
    Great work! I know TeeFury has had plenty of Doctor Who shirts in the past, and countless complaints about that fact, but I personally haven't seen any with the Ponds (yes, I consider Rory a "Pond"). I think the mistake many artists make is having too much going on in their design when most people don't stare at tees for more than a few seconds, so I really like the simplicity of the repeating Rory/TARDIS. Basically my point is I love it, and hopefully the TeeFury Gods (Teevil) will agree that this needs to be printed.
    110 weeks ago
    YepItsBrando said: Great work! I know TeeFury has had plenty of Doctor Who shirts in the past, and countless complaints about that fact, but I personally haven't seen any with the Ponds (yes, I consider Rory a "Pond"). I think the mistake many artists make is having too much going on in their design when most people don't stare at tees for more than a few seconds, so I really like the simplicity of the repeating Rory/TARDIS. Basically my point is I love it, and hopefully the TeeFury Gods (Teevil) will agree that this needs to be printed.

Thanks! I hope the TeeFury Gods smile upon it as well - I think this is my 20-something ish submission, so I'm hope that luck is with me this time!
    109 weeks ago
    I like the thought of an Amelia Pond Nouveau design but I think It would be better suited if we could see the entire person and perhaps Rory in the background. Amy Pond has such a "unique"style about her dress that I think it would be better to show her entire person than just a bust of the character...just a thought. This makes me want to try a Amelia Pond Nouveau design...Who fan!
    101 weeks ago
    I personally thin k it looks better without the nostril
    101 weeks ago
    We need an Amy Pond shirt soon, the character is leaving the show.
    99 weeks ago
    Love! Only side note is that my 7-year old sister, who is also a fellow avid Whovian, says that at first glance, Rory's colors and shape look like a Smurf.

I don't see it, but she wants me to tell you. Haha.