Back to forum
rss 268 weeks ago
Hi - I'm doing this poster for Gwar (yes, THAT Gwar) We're planning on screening it, so it's only 2 colors to keep the cost down. I still have to go through and clean up some of the linework/colorfill, but I'd like to get a colorway picked. Here's what I have currently? Which do YOU prefer. Or maybe you have a totally different idea? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

20Comments
    268 weeks ago
    that color of green looks too washed out, i bet if you went bolder it would look sweet. i like the top purple alright, but the bottom design looks too ghey for gwar lol. old school hardcore does not do pastels bro.
    hope that helps ;)
    268 weeks ago
    the colors are really strong on my monitor? One of us needs to calibrate.

as for the purple/blue - yeah - I thought it was kinda funny, I had another one that was pinky/salmon with a dark dark blue.

I think I'm deciding between the top two, but leaning toward the purple/black. so thanks, pepper!
    268 weeks ago
    so yeah - I rechecked the green - it's 100 yellow / 70 cyan, which should be pretty strong.

so I think it's calibration time for you!!!
    268 weeks ago
    I love the purple/black most. Just the right amount of contrast.
    268 weeks ago
    Might not be right for the group in question, but I dug the purple/blue the most :)
    268 weeks ago
    nope, my screen is fine lol
    but that green with that much white looks washed out. it would take more of a forest green to balance it out. srsly.
    i think purple is your choice anyway ;) so its not really important, just sayin.
    268 weeks ago
    It looks washed out to me too.
    I like the 2nd one best.
    268 weeks ago
    I agree with MJ :) that blue and purple is a really nice combination. But yeah not too GWAR-y. So I'd probably with with purple and black because it got the best contrast.

I think I know what pepper is talking about feeling washed out even though the color itself isn't too. (But I think its actually due to the combination of the blue and the green, and not the white. If it was black and green I think it would feel normal.)
    268 weeks ago
    What? No RED?!!! Gwar isn't Gwar without splattering blood....
    268 weeks ago
    I love the purple/blue- it definitely has the right old-skool sci-fi/horror vibe, I reckons
    268 weeks ago
    actually my mind is going purple and green. with the last option of purple and blue darken the purple a tad and replace the blue with green, think that might be cool of course what I have pictured in my head might not be exactly how it will look but maybe worth a try.
    268 weeks ago
    I'm still thinking purple/black, but what do you guys think about this reworked green/blue option or the new red/blue options? I had tried red/black already, but the black was too heavy with the red - it wasn't balanced right.
    GWAR02.gif
    268 weeks ago
    I looked at purple/green, too - it's actually what led me to the blue. The purple was kinda buzzing (it was a more magenta-tilted purple)
    268 weeks ago
    purple/black definitely
    268 weeks ago
    I like the Green/Blue version. I saw Gwar once. Not exactly a full house, but they were very entertaining.
    268 weeks ago
    I like every combo except blue + red. The strongest combo one is probably purple + black, followed by the second version of blue + green.
    268 weeks ago
    I am gonna join the pack here and agree that purple/black is the best color combo. Very nice. :)
    267 weeks ago
    I think its scary and wierd. But again its coming from a 10yr old girl so who knows.
    267 weeks ago

TiffanyScore
    said 1 day ago
    I think its scary and wierd. But again its coming from a 10yr old girl so who knows.

I hope scary and weird means purple and black, because that's what I went with. Also - don't look up this band for like, 10 more years.
    267 weeks ago
    Haha, agreed. DO NOT look them up, haha.

Nice choice going with the purple/black. Again, very awesome.