Back to forum
rss 125 weeks ago
This is my community WIP

Photobucket

Concept is based on Jeff's quote from season two, pretty basic. The one thing i'd like feedback on the most is the lettering. I very roughly mocked up what i want it to look like. The speech balloon type is currently comic sans, but that's easily fixable. The lettering at the bottom for Greendale is basically what i want it to look like.

I was also considering putting the Greendale flag/symbol in the background behind them and possibly splattering it with paintball bullets.

Looking for some direction, please let me know what you think
24Comments
    125 weeks ago
    Rule #1 of design: Comic Sans is never, ever acceptable. Ever. In the existence of like... EVER.

Rule #2 of design: don't stretch text. If the typeface doesn't work at its current dimensions, find another typeface.

Other than those two things, this is great! Great job on the people -- they're easily recognizable. Fix the type and you have yourself a winner! :D
    125 weeks ago
    Yeah i knew there was a stigma about comic sans, i just used it here for the rough draft, it was never intended to be the final font. Thanks though haha

And what do you mean stretch the text? For the rough i manipulated it, but for the final i was going to use like tracking and curning and stuff to get it right. but should i not arc it?

And thanks on the characters! I'm glad they're recognizable :)
    125 weeks ago
    Where's Troy?
    125 weeks ago
    wrongheaven said: Where's Troy?
    haha click the image and you can see the full image with Troy. I guess the file i uploaded was too big :/
    125 weeks ago
    very cool I cant wait to see it colored
    125 weeks ago
    Love the design. Trying to fit the 6 color limit on 7 different characters with different colored clothes and such might be tricky. I hope you pull it off though!
    125 weeks ago
    Yeah coloring it has been harder than i anticipated. I did some rough mock ups of what i want the colors to look like. I have a 9 color version that i prefer and miraculously i was able to cut it down to 6 colors.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Let me know what you think
    125 weeks ago
    if you took out the purple on troy's shoes you can knock the color count down without losing anything. Just make them blue or something
    125 weeks ago
    I like the second version better, and I agree about the purple in Troy's shoes. If you want to keep it, you could make some other things purple too so it's not just there for one thing.

Awesome design though! We need more Community shirts around here :D
    125 weeks ago
    Oh woops the purple on the shoes on the six color one is just a mistake. It'd definitely be blue.

So the six color one works too? I'm going to fix the type and clean it up a little. I might also add something to the background?
    125 weeks ago
    Too much yellow. Annie's yellow shirt and yellow book so close together almost blend and Abed's black now? Standing next to Troy he looks it. :p
    125 weeks ago
    Characters look amazing! The Greendale seel in the background with a healthy amount of paintball marks would look great. Unfortunately you used all 6 colors already and I imagine it would be hard not have the characters and the background compete for attention. Unless you used halftones maybe. Just a thought, love the shirt, if you can pull it off, this will be my first Community shirt. :)
    125 weeks ago
    Thanks guys! Here's the final versions:
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

(sorry if the images are too large)
    125 weeks ago
    great design
    125 weeks ago
    I'd totally wear the first one. White shirts just don't work for me, but I love the final design. Good job!
    125 weeks ago
    Oh the second one would be on green too, i just didn't save the green background on it
    125 weeks ago
    I still say the first one is better. The grey just looks better than the white/black on certain clothes. In the second one Pierce looks almost like a priest and that's just wrong! Haha
    125 weeks ago
    Thanks! yeah i do too, i just limited the color palette because a lot of websites (like teefury) only accept 6 color designs to make printing easier/cheaper
    124 weeks ago
    This is pretty awesome! I like the second to last design the best. Great job
    124 weeks ago
    Wait!! Shirley needs her purse!

Otherwise, this is a fantastic design :D.
    124 weeks ago
    I waaaant this.
    124 weeks ago
    I kind of liked the comic sans. I thought it was ironic.
    123 weeks ago
    AH! Love this a lot. Like almost too much like. I agree the comicsans was ironic because they're cartoony but i much prefer the new font.
    123 weeks ago
    Cool cool cool cool! I love this!!