Back to forum
rss 126 weeks ago
I have a few things in the works, a few new submits and I wanted to use this new topic to inform all that my first print will be November 30th. Art promo for that will come soon....

until then enjoy some S.O.A. (Updated version)
Photobucket

Dragon Ball Z/Winnie the Pooh
Photobucket
27Comments
    126 weeks ago
    Congratulations on your first print! I hope it is either the Silver Smurfer or Boardwalk Empire one! I really enjoy your work and would like to collaborate with you. I'm more of an ideas guy and I think you can make some great ideas I have come to life.
    126 weeks ago
    Thank you kind sir! Actually the print being sold will be "Baredevil"... Promo art coming soon....ish :)
    126 weeks ago
    oh ok, hopefully silver smurfer comes out too! So what is the best way to chat with you. Do you think you can help draw some ideas I have for tees.
    126 weeks ago
    I hope so too.

I can be contacted at - [email protected]
    126 weeks ago
    Haha I remember Baredevil! Awesome! Congratulations! :D
    126 weeks ago
    Dang dude, you draw so well! Holy smurf! Sadly I don't understand either of them (and I'm a little creeped out by whatever is growing out of Pooh's forehead 8| ) but they look freakin' awesome! Fantastic job :D
    126 weeks ago
    cod, did you get my email? can you respond back letting me know what you think? i got more ideas.
    126 weeks ago
    I always figured anime themed shirts would be popular because there's not that many you see made compared to the Dr. Who's and Harry Potter level. Maybe there just not a demand for them.

SOA is solid design, it should be successful. Judging by the last SOA tee, I should probably start brainstorming a SOA design of my own.
    125 weeks ago
    Thanks cruddy. The demand is there I'm sure. Dragon Ball Z is a classic and fans can't get enough of it... and yes get on the S.O.A. bandwagon!! I finally got on the Doctor Who bandwagon and I have a surprise coming soon for Doctor Who fans.

Thanks Chirmer... The first one is simple. Bikers love tattooes. I think it would be cool if Jax had a Tattoo shop so I re-imagined the S.O.A. jacket art into a tattoo shop t-shirt desing.

I mashed Pooh with Majin Buu from DBZ. He was this child-like pink villain who turned his enemies into candy. He loved sweets just like Pooh.
    Photobucket
    125 weeks ago
    If it was on a lighter blue I'd be all over the Majin Pooh shirt!
    125 weeks ago
    OMG BEES!

Someone had mention it and it may as well bee me. =|;)
    125 weeks ago
    Is there lighter blue available? If there is I can make it happen for you buddy ;)

I just subbed this piece... Inspired by Futurama and a ton of awesome Doctors to chose from... This is what I came up with.
    Photobucket
    125 weeks ago
    That's such a good idea.

This is just nit picky but you might add some stubble to House. Other than that it's pancakes.
    125 weeks ago
    So glad you mentioned that! Even though I hate re-subbing I agree that little touch was needed. It even made me realize Dr. Jones needed stubble too! Also the pic up there had 7 colors and that was instant reject for TF. So I am re-subbing this. Thanks cruddy :)

I know the jpg has the halftones looking a bit harsh but they are very subtle at 100% value on Illustrator.

Photobucket
    125 weeks ago
    I like it! But do we need 4 doctor whos? I'd like to see maybe JD from Scrubs? or Dr. Fate from DC comics? Just to mix it up a little. I think 4, and 10 look the best because they're so distinct, actually 11 is pretty distinct too. But 9 is just a regular looking dude.

I do LOVE all of the others though! Awesome to see Indy, Dr. Manhattan and Sheldon in there
    125 weeks ago
    Doctor Strange and Doctor Robotnik are options as well. JD would had been an excellent choice. So If you were to replace Nine that's the Doc to go with.

Doctor Bob (Rowlf the Dog from the Muppets) and Victor Von Doom is also a Doctor.

Dr. Phil.

Dr J.
    125 weeks ago
    I LOVE the Futurama/Doctors design...and you can't have too many Doctor Who references. I'm in med school, and I would wear this shirt out for sure! I really hope it gets made.
    125 weeks ago
    Yeah wow this is sweet! I do agree with Darth_Jones and not jbbond007, too many Doctor Whos. I like the Dr. Doom and Dr. Fate suggestions! Or JD from scrubs is a good call too! That would sell it for me
    125 weeks ago
    Of course so many good suggestions... However this was a project of mine that I collaborated with another very talented artist with and believe us we thought of every doctor and combo you could think of.

Doom was going to be in this design (made the semi-final cut) however he is green and a very distinct green. Would push the design into the 7 color range. I even tried mixing the yellow with the aqua blue to make a green half-tone but it wasn't authentic.

Originally I had slated to use the other 8 Dr. Whos... LOL I would have had pitch forks thrown at me in the forums for sure. Knock it all you want but I have future kids to feed and put through college and if making a Dr. Who favored shirt will help get my kids get a better education than I am all for it! Plus I rather like the 4 I chose. They are in most cases and rating sites the 4 most popular Dr. Whos. Eccelston (#9) was known for bringing Dr. Who back from the dead by the way. Also consider that this design isn't even a Dr. Who theme. It's title will be Doctorama. It merely shows some of the most fan favored doctors of all time. Leaves me room to create another shirt with the remaining docs I missed out on drawing.

Some others that didn't make the original cut: Dr. Huxtable, Dr. Seuss, Dr. Evil, Dr. Teeth, Dr. Zaius, Dr. Pierce, Dr. Bishop, Dr. Lector, Dr. Claw, Dr. J.
    125 weeks ago
    I would have loved a Dr. (Walter) Bishop. Subtle Fringe reference.
    125 weeks ago
    Also since I can't edit this, I'll add that I LOVE that Dr. Howser and Dr. Horrible are looking right at each other. GENIUS.
    125 weeks ago
    Here it is!!

I'm holding a side give-away as well as the give-away going on during the day of sale. It's real easy to enter: Follow me on Twitter or like my Facebook Fan page. When I reach 500 follows and likes I will be giving away a free T-shirt of your choice from my redbubble. If I reach 1000 follows and likes I will be giving away an iPhone case or Hoodie of your choice!

If you really want to have a good chance at the give-away then please spread the word of my art to your friends and share my fan page and twitter page with your friends as well! I always know who hustles the hardest ;)

Photobucket
    124 weeks ago
    been waiting for that one ... full frontal nudity ftw
    124 weeks ago
    baredevil. smurf yes!
    124 weeks ago
    Awesome!! Friendly reminder my debut is coming real soon!
  • Load More Comments