Back to forum
rss 136 weeks ago
New Star Wars design. Here is my original pencils for the design. It's obviously still a W.I.P. Looking for some feedback before i continue. Hope you guys like it :)

Photobucket

*sorry about the poor image quality, i had to take the picture from my phone. Hopefully it's still visable enough to judge*
31Comments
    136 weeks ago
    Hahaha, yes! Love Chewie's gun man. You should definitely continue with this! You don't really need the 'Scruffy Lookin' but it's still cool. Maybe just consider taking it out. Otherwise this is epic and I really want to see it done.
    136 weeks ago
    pepsivanilla said: Hahaha, yes! Love Chewie's gun man. You should definitely continue with this! You don't really need the 'Scruffy Lookin' but it's still cool. Maybe just consider taking it out. Otherwise this is epic and I really want to see it done.

Thanks! I have the scruffy lookin there because of the star wars quote, i'll see what it looks like without it. I'm glad you like it though!

Here it is inked:
    Photobucket
    136 weeks ago
    Ok colored:
    Photobucket

Now what do i have to do to finish this? Any comments/suggestions? I feel like it still looks a little rough but i can't seem to get it to look more solid. I'm gonna try to clean up the text too
    136 weeks ago
    I like the design so far! I dunno about the yellow skin though... it looks a little out of place.
    136 weeks ago
    Try a few different colors for the actual shirt itself. I think Han and Chewie need a bit more than just white. You might want to try out Chuffy's tee mockups. I must say though that I absolutely love the idea, and think your art is great. I'm anxious to see this on a shirt.
    136 weeks ago
    Yeah i only colored the skin yellow because of the t-shirt color limits. Here it is how i would ideally have it colored:
    Photobucket

I have it uploaded to redbubble, but I'm gonna keep working on it to try to be able to submit it here too.

DoctorWhy said: Try a few different colors for the actual shirt itself. I think Han and Chewie need a bit more than just white. You might want to try out Chuffy's tee mockups. I must say though that I absolutely love the idea, and think your art is great. I'm anxious to see this on a shirt.

Yeah i've tried a few different background colors that look better than white. What are Chuffy's tee mockups? But thanks :) I'm glad you like it!

136 weeks ago
    It's Chuffy's way to make good looking shirt mockups:
    http://www.teefury.com/forum/6403/Mock_Up_Shirt___Color_Chart/
    136 weeks ago
    mbecks114 said: Yeah i only colored the skin yellow because of the t-shirt color limits. Here it is how i would ideally have it colored:
    Photobucket

I have it uploaded to redbubble, but I'm gonna keep working on it to try to be able to submit it here too.

DoctorWhy said: Try a few different colors for the actual shirt itself. I think Han and Chewie need a bit more than just white. You might want to try out Chuffy's tee mockups. I must say though that I absolutely love the idea, and think your art is great. I'm anxious to see this on a shirt.

Yeah i've tried a few different background colors that look better than white. What are Chuffy's tee mockups? But thanks :) I'm glad you like it!

Chuffy's mockups are just a way to see your design as it would look on a tee. http://www.teefury.com/forum/6403/Mock_Up_Shirt___Color_Chart/
    It's really helpful.
    136 weeks ago
    pepsivanilla said: It's Chuffy's way to make good looking shirt mockups:

http://www.teefury.com/forum/6403/Mock_Up_Shirt___Color_Chart/

oops. I was too late.
    136 weeks ago
    the shading is good, but the line work is poor and distorted and the typography is just bad :( I almost didnt get the nerf joke. I would redraw this from scratch if I were you
    136 weeks ago
    I don't think the typography is bad at all, it just doesn't work with what he's going for...
    136 weeks ago
    I think the typography works. It matches the hand-drawn style of Han & Chewie... just my opinion. If you wanna go for something more "cleaned up", then I think there might be a star wars font over at dafont.com
    136 weeks ago
    I can work to try to clean up the typography. I did use the Star Wars font for the "Scuffy Lookin Herder" part. I'm pretty content with how Han and Chewie look, i think they turned out pretty well if i don't say so myself.

I'll keep working on the type.
    136 weeks ago
    Here, I edited the text, and i'm pretty happy with the result! I put it on an army colored background, just to see what it looked like:
    Photobucket
    136 weeks ago
    I think the nerf text needs a bit of touching up to be print quality, I think herder should be raised up so that Han and chewie's legs dont cut off randomly. There also seems to be a weird outline along chewies right side that i think needs touching up. like the illustartion and I think it has potential
    136 weeks ago
    I would buy this design if it was on a shirt.
    136 weeks ago
    Thanks! I'll tweak the nerf to straighten it out and raise the Herder.

vegetollo7 said: I would buy this design if it was on a shirt.

It's avaiable now on another site called edbubbleray
    136 weeks ago
    Font edited

Photobucket
    136 weeks ago
    Bump. Is this final version better?
    136 weeks ago
    Looks good but I'm still counting 7 colors. What shirt color are you planning to use?
    136 weeks ago
    smurf i forgot about the color limit! I was thinking either a slate blue or army green. What color would be best to eliminate from the design? Red?
    136 weeks ago
    Red would work, but I don't know what you'd do with Chewie's tongue. Blue could also work, maybe if both guns were yellow?
    136 weeks ago
    The blue was too difficult to change to yellow :/ but i did change the red to orange, and tried that. It lacks some pop but it still works. I'm glad i'm able to use the design with all it's colors on my other site. But i'd still love to see this get teefurized :)
    135 weeks ago
    You could get rid of Han's skin tone and use a half-tone type of fill with the brown in its place.
    135 weeks ago
    What do you mean a half tone of the brown? Can i just use the brown and make it less transparent?
  • Load More Comments