Back to forum
rss 140 weeks ago
Getting back into t-shirt design after a looonnngg break. Here are a couple Star Wars mash-up designs I did on holiday for feedback:

Empire Assimilation (The Empire vs the Borg):

Light of Tatooine (Star Wars & Transformers)

Be seeing you,
Peaj
9Comments
    139 weeks ago
    might i just say that a shirt of the borg battling the empire is flipping AWESOME! the problem with this design though, is that it's too busy! try to boil it down. post some sketches of basic concepts before you pour a million hours into it and get some feedback. i think this could be made into amazebaaaaalls but it's gonna take a real concerted effort to do it right.

also, keep in mind that you are designing for a shirt, not an arbitrary square. be conscious of the way it will lay on a shirt. contemplate your borders carefully.
    139 weeks ago
    I agree with dakin - the concept is great but your execution needs a little work. I don't really have any genius to add to his suggestions, but I think you should listen to them! Particularly the one about how it will look on the shirt.
    139 weeks ago
    This is very helpful advice... thank you very much... you've helped me to think about this a better way now!.... Peaj
    139 weeks ago
    Empire Assimilation is excellent - busy is good ! Needs Black T color. Where are the Rebels ? Seriously, busy is OK.
    139 weeks ago
    I think the concepts are awesome but I think it looks like your trying to pack as many ships as possible in the first one and it doesn't look attractive. These look like they would be weird on a shirt. But otherwise I think they would be buy-worthy if a little more work was put in
    138 weeks ago
    Dilbert said: Empire Assimilation is excellent - busy is good ! Needs Black T color. Where are the Rebels ? Seriously, busy is OK.

The Rebels are in the upper right corner, fleeing the scene - which is the Borg interrupting the Death Star destruction of Alderaan.... agree, way too much for a t-shirt, but i'm assimilating into another thought!
    136 weeks ago
    Here's a revision on the original "Empire Assimilation" design - but the Borg are still winning!

think this would go best on a black shirt

EA.jpg
    136 weeks ago
    The scale is way off but w.e I like the design
    135 weeks ago
    Yes, you're right about the scale - so to help avoid that i have revised it to replace the Death Star with a close up of Darth Vadar's tie-fighter.... after he has been assimilated

EA2.jpg