This is my first sub, been a couple of weeks so I don't think they're taking it. It may be that this is just not what they're looking for. But as a newcomer, I was wondering if anything else jumps out at anyone, such as:
1) Technical issues
2) Licensing issues
3) Don't know what Excitebike is
4) Enough Star Wars already
5) Needs extra work
6) It just doesn't do it for me, dude

SPEEDERBIKEsample

Thanks for taking a look, I like the design and will post it to RB unless people think it's worth working on and resubbing. Thanks for any help.

Evan (IG_HateyHate)
11Comments
    149 weeks ago
    I think its cool for sure. The bike looks a bit vertical. That would be my only critique but I can't see them refusing it over that
    149 weeks ago
    i love it!!
    i like how the bike is poping a wheelie.
    keeping the look of the excitebike cover was very clever.
    Nice Job!
    149 weeks ago
    i would definetly buy this if it comes up
    149 weeks ago
    love excitebike, well done on the design, great job ;)
    148 weeks ago
    Thanks for the kudos, means a lot. But if anyone has any constructive harshness, it will be appreciated.

And @1984, I tried to keep it at roughly the same angle as the Excitebike cover, which does actually tip back the pixels. But I agree that it may be a little overdone in that the speeder bike is a lot longer than the dirt bike that it is referencing.
    148 weeks ago
    It's a great design - maybe there aren't enough people 'old enough' to remember the awesomeness that was Excitebike ?

Also, I think the speed lines coming of the back of the Stormtropper are a bit too curvy, a bit more pixellated would be betterer.
    148 weeks ago
    I love the idea and the execution, though I would agree with the the comment that the Stormtrooper could do without the speed lines. Also, I would leave out the "on the second moon of" and just use "Nitendor" -- that extra text only detracts from the image, IMO. Good work! :)
    148 weeks ago
    Great Design I'd buy
    148 weeks ago
    The original reference has non 8-bit speed lines, but I do think mine may be kind of sloppy compared to the rest of the design.

And I'll also take note of the text. I try hard to build real connections in my MashedPotatoes instead of justing mashing up two things I like, but I agree that the text may be too cheesey.

Also, I understand now that you should expect to hear back between 2-4 weeks, if at all. I thought the timeframe was within two weeks when I posted this, so maybe I still have a chance.
    148 weeks ago
    Reminds me alot of the super fettio bros that was printed a while back. Same exact concept, starwars/ 8 bit nintendo box cover

ZZ2B427133.jpg

But still submit it, teefury prints similar designs all the time and I can see this getting a nice stack of pancakes. But maybe lose the text. If people cant recognize its an excitebike reference without the text, then they are obviously not a fan of the game at all. I think it distracts from the scout trooper.
    148 weeks ago
    maybe its just my 5am mind gone to hell sitting here bored at work but to me it look like the Stormtrooper is riding a...

you know what...never mind