Back to forum
rss 154 weeks ago
When's he tryina be in Doctor Who again. Was his last and only appearance in the 2005-Pres series the School Reunion ep?
7Comments
    154 weeks ago
    He was also in the Journey's End
    154 weeks ago
    Ok cool I haven't seen those but was reading up on Doctor Who and he seems cool so I was wondering if we'd see him again.
    154 weeks ago
    It is a very small role though, he had his time in the original Doctor Who series, and I think he is prominent in the Sarah Jane spin-off, but his time in the revised series is rather limited
    154 weeks ago
    gordofrog said: It is a very small role though, he had his time in the original Doctor Who series, and I think he is prominent in the Sarah Jane spin-off, but his time in the revised series is rather limited

Not that I am versed in Who or anything (have watched all of 11th doctor and some of 9/10), but if K-9 was like a right hand man/dog, and the Doctor is of course always the same person - why would he be discarded?
    154 weeks ago
    He stayed with Sarah Jane Smith when he left her behind originally. You can see him (it) in the 5 Doctors, but thats was the last time until School Reunion. Then his only other appearance is a quick scene in Journey's End, it's just the way of the companions I guess.
    154 weeks ago
    Ben Yes Schwartz said:
    gordofrog said: It is a very small role though, he had his time in the original Doctor Who series, and I think he is prominent in the Sarah Jane spin-off, but his time in the revised series is rather limited

Not that I am versed in Who or anything (have watched all of 11th doctor and some of 9/10), but if K-9 was like a right hand man/dog, and the Doctor is of course always the same person - why would he be discarded?

K-9 stays with his Mistress over his Master. K-9 mk1 stayed on Gallifrey with Leela, mk2 with Romana and mk3 was in the care of Sarah Jane in the K-9 spin-off pilot and in School Reunion where he died and was replaced with K-9 mk4.

It is doubtful that any other Doctor than Fourth will have a K-9 as a companion but he is a lot of fun in episodes that feature him. I'd say to look into classic Who serials that have the lovable computer.
    154 weeks ago
    The original K-9 was a bit limited in movement. Smooth surfaces only. Plus he occasionally made things a bit too easy. Deus ex machina, if you like.
    I personally wouldn't mind a guest spot for the Doctor in K-9's new series.
    Apparently that K-9 was Leela's, according to the writers....Any references would be nice. :)