Always Ready


I just posted this over on my tumblr, and am not looking for feedback here. :) I was thinking of making this into a shirt.

It's meant to be subtle; if you get it, then you get it and get to give an approving nod of approval (or disapproval), if not, you'll scratch your head and maybe ask about it.

The brain-drain is no match. :)

Any and all feedback and constructive criticisms are appreciated! :)

--
Follow me at: homepage | twitter | tumblr | flickr | dribbble
11Comments
  • image
    153 weeks ago
    Wow. Fantastic. You must be a 90s kid like myself =D I fondly remember Doug and would absolutely buy this shirt. Nothing about the design looks wrong. Great work, spunqi.
  • image
    153 weeks ago
    I LOVE Quailman!
    But, I dunno? I don't feel like its good for a shirt? Maybe it just needs something.
  • image
    153 weeks ago
    Awesome. Just... AWESOME. Really hope this gets printed
  • image
    153 weeks ago
    I would most definitely purchase this one. Past, Current, and future Doug, Rocko, and the like (early 90s Nickelodeon) lover!
  • image
    153 weeks ago
    tactacfox said: Wow. Fantastic. You must be a 90s kid like myself =D I fondly remember Doug and would absolutely buy this shirt. Nothing about the design looks wrong. Great work, spunqi.


    Thanks a lot :) Yup, born 87.
  • image
    153 weeks ago
    swintpoof said: I LOVE Quailman!

    But, I dunno? I don't feel like its good for a shirt? Maybe it just needs something.


    Fair enough. :) I can try to try some possible polish ups... Just gotta find a balance of "vagueness" and "obviousness"... and just making sure it looks good. :) Thanks a lot!
  • image
    153 weeks ago
    I love the idea, I was a huge Doug fan growing up.

    Not a fan of the grey shirt though
  • image
    153 weeks ago
    spunqi said:
    swintpoof said: I LOVE Quailman!

    But, I dunno? I don't feel like its good for a shirt? Maybe it just needs something.


    Fair enough. :) I can try to try some possible polish ups... Just gotta find a balance of "vagueness" and "obviousness"... and just making sure it looks good. :) Thanks a lot!


    i like it a lot, just might need 1 more small piece in their to bring it home, maybe a set of smaller hooks just under it for porkchop.....err i mean quaildogs gear, or instead of hooks how about his dogdish on the floor under it with Qualidog written on it.
    just a suggestion, i honestlly don't even think it needs it
  • image
    153 weeks ago
    love this design. big doug fan and child of the 90's myself. also born in 87 so :high five:

    one suggestion. i don't know if it would help or what you think.. but i'd say try putting the khaki shorts and the tighty whities together already. like instead of the underwear hanging have the underwear over the shorts hanging already. or play around with that idea. the underwear over the shorts is what made quailman so iconic.
  • image
    152 weeks ago
    KoalaKnight said:
    spunqi said:
    swintpoof said: I LOVE Quailman!

    But, I dunno? I don't feel like its good for a shirt? Maybe it just needs something.


    Fair enough. :) I can try to try some possible polish ups... Just gotta find a balance of "vagueness" and "obviousness"... and just making sure it looks good. :) Thanks a lot!



    i like it a lot, just might need 1 more small piece in their to bring it home, maybe a set of smaller hooks just under it for porkchop.....err i mean quaildogs gear, or instead of hooks how about his dogdish on the floor under it with Qualidog written on it.

    just a suggestion, i honestlly don't even think it needs it


    I totally wanted to involve Quaildog at first. :) But I wasn't sure exactly how, or if I wanted to add to the clutter. :) But nice ideas, worthy of consideration. thanks!
  • image
    152 weeks ago
    robeebort said: love this design. big doug fan and child of the 90's myself. also born in 87 so :high five:


    one suggestion. i don't know if it would help or what you think.. but i'd say try putting the khaki shorts and the tighty whities together already. like instead of the underwear hanging have the underwear over the shorts hanging already. or play around with that idea. the underwear over the shorts is what made quailman so iconic.


    Thanks a lot for the feedback! Definitely worth considering. I thought of adding the shorts, but I was worried of just too many items. But I think it might work, and I'll definitely take it into consideration.

    Thanks!


Back to Top