Back to forum
rss 286 weeks ago
Why do people feel the need to post "Gargamel" or "first post!" when a shirt comes up? It's just a small pet peeve, but why is there no substance to the post what so ever?

I mean... I could understand it if this were say... a music forum with event postings... and someone posted something and put in "Gargamel!" saving the first post for additional information that could later be edited... but you can't edit posts here..

Insight? anyone?
45Comments
    286 weeks ago
    i wish i knew because that annoys the smurf outta me too. i'm glad i'm not the only one. maybe someone that does it will shed a little light on the question.
    286 weeks ago
    i have a couple of pet peeves... and i usually keep them to myself, but this keeps happening here and it's drives me nutty. I don't know why, but it just does. haha.
    286 weeks ago
    I think Its an inherent part of a mankind's competitive nature that often manifests its self in such a way
    286 weeks ago
    I agree with biotwist. Its either that or they have nothing better to do at midnight. I am personally sleeping because I have school in the mornings. And I live on the East coast.
    286 weeks ago
    I can't stand people who are to arrogant to listen to people when others are trying to help them.
    286 weeks ago
    im with vo1ture
    it bugs me to no end when people post art or design then get mad if you say anything other than you liked it. why post?
    that or those that refuse to submit following simple site guidelines then get confused why they dont get chosen. DURR
    286 weeks ago
    that "Gargamel" thing annoys me too. I find it very juvenile.

Pepper, people who do that are just looking to get an ego stroke, nothing more.
    282 weeks ago
    the ego stroke thing bugs me too...

Also, this has nothing to do with anyone who posts here... or the internet in general... but one of my other many many pet peeves is when people stop at my desk at work and talk to me... and dont take the hint to go away when I dont even bother to respond. bah.
    282 weeks ago
    so let them have their fun if it means that much to them, if its not flooding the thread, or wasting bandwidth or insulting i don't see the problem
    282 weeks ago
    I hate when people are never on time. I try to be very punctual, but some people just don't know how to plan their time.

I also hate people who don't know how to work a phone. If I text you about something important, it shouldn't take 6 hours to text back. Or if we are supposed to have plans and then they don't answer their phone to enact those plans.

282 weeks ago
    arlkaeja People who drop the ball and then wont own up to their mistakes... and would rather point fingers at everyone else but themselves, because obviously... they're perfect... in every possible way.

So perfect that they dont have to shower or even do their actual job... just sit there being a lazy slob doing nothing and blaming everyone else when shiiiiiiiii hits the fan.
    282 weeks ago
    I hate that stack of pink coloured shaved ginger they always put in my sushi packs. Sitting there all like "I'm shaved ham", then when I try to eat it all in one go I pull a smurf face & have spit it out! Stupid pink ginger have me looking like a fool....
    282 weeks ago
    people who just write 'lame' under a design with no real understanding of how much that puts an artist off subbing here in the future. Be constructive or don't be critical.
    282 weeks ago
    What Wotto said!
    281 weeks ago
    Crushem.. on the ginger thing--LOL!!! I feel your pain; your description was lovely.
    281 weeks ago
    Glad I'm not alone 2thFairy :)
    281 weeks ago
    The "lame" comments annoy me, but I suppose that since I posted on IGN's forums for years the "first" thing doesn't bug me. In fact I enjoy it and wish I could have such good timing.
    281 weeks ago
    Wooters.

i kid i kid.
    281 weeks ago
    pffffffffffffffffffft ;-)
    281 weeks ago
    i wish people would just not be immature. there's no reason for "firstie" on this site, since there is no edit. i feel like they are just trying to get attention.

it's just a waste of a post(s).
    281 weeks ago
    People that burp while they are talking to me & just breath/blow it out at me like it doesnt stink.
    You would'nt beleive how many times a fight has broken out mid sentence because of this.
    It's f@#kin gross!
    281 weeks ago
    It annoys me too :(
    281 weeks ago
    i will totally fart at you next time crushem, i promise.

281 weeks ago
    LOL! Thanks peppersagooddog, your so polite :P
    281 weeks ago
    people who think they are going to get an artists whole portfolio for $9.
  • Load More Comments