Back to forum
rss 161 weeks ago
I have an idea for a design and since I'm artistically challenged I pitched it to another artist. He said he would be glad to create the design. My question is, how much would it cost me to get him to design this idea of mine?

Now I know everyone is different and there is no concrete answer and there are other variables that go into it, but I'm asking you guys to see if you know a possible price range. I'm not asking Teefury what they would charge or any other site for that matter. I'm asking the artists that get approached to get designs done.

This is not including shirts and pressing, just him creating the design. Please help me out, so I don't rip myself off. Thank you.
3Comments
    161 weeks ago
    lol you don't want to know. VERY VERY Random. It has to do with a character eating a piece of food. Not a well known character.
    161 weeks ago
    also how does it work after he designs the image? When I pay, do I have the rights to the image? Then I can take that image and get it printed and sell the shirts with no issues at all?
    161 weeks ago
    I'd recommend that before you decide on a price, you tell him that you'd like full printing rights to the design. If you want exclusive rights to it, that might also be a good thing to get in writing :)

One way to determine a price would be to ask what the artist's hourly rate is and how many hours he or she estimates it will take to draw. That way you're both clear on how much time and effort is being expended and what the value of that is.