Back to forum
rss 163 weeks ago
Here's the deal: We won't be printing a Charlie Sheen shirt.

It's not a decision we make lightly, as this is something we're gotten a lot of requests (and many art submissions) about. Sheen's recent media blitz has certainly spawned some very t-shirtable phrases, too (Tiger Blood!).

But at the end of the day, printing a Sheen shirt is not something we'd feel good about as a company. It feels like a celebration of negativity, and that's not what we want to be about. A lot of sites have jumped on the bandwagon already, so if that's what you're looking for, Google is your friend :) And artists, please feel free to try those designs elsewhere. We'll be sitting this one out, and hope you understand.

Did you see Craig Ferguson's monologue about Charlie Sheen last week? It kind of sums up a lot of our feelings on the matter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43-4CBQ2KYY
44Comments
    163 weeks ago
    He is mentally ill. I like that you are not taking advantage of that.
    163 weeks ago
    That's disappointing, but respectable.

+1, teefury.
    163 weeks ago
    Thank GOD!
    163 weeks ago
    @CraigyFerg is awesome. I Freakin' LOVE that show. Way back when the critics thought he had a laughtrack. *chuckle*
    163 weeks ago
    THANK YOU TEEFURY. VERY MUCHLY APPRECIATED.

No, really. THANK YOU.

I appreciate being part of a site that understands when not to go media-crazy at every fad/random occurrence in the news.
    163 weeks ago
    One of the many reasons why I love teefury! You guys are awesome!
    163 weeks ago
    I love you guys! The whole Charlie Sheen thing was bad an annoying the day he had his interview/rant/whatever that was. Craig Ferguson is awesome for also staying away from it.
    163 weeks ago
    If you had printed a Charlie Sheen shirt, I would never shop here ever again.

I'm irritated beyond words that this man with innumerable addictions is being cashed in on, and since he's said a few wacky, quoteable things everyone has forgotten how abusive and destructive he is.

Cashing in on a man with numerous charges of violence against women and an obviously uncontrollable drug addiction is disgusting.
    163 weeks ago
    I admire that you guys aren't going to cash in on what is obviously a man who is in the middle of a mental breakdown. Many companies take every opportunity to squeeze every single penny from their customers. What's happening with this man is just sad. He's obviously in desperate need of help. Instead of getting the help he needs people are going out of their way to praise his bad behavior. I find it rather sad & disturbing. So bravo Tee Fury for not hopping on the cashing in on a very sick person. :D You guys have my respect. Which is extremely hard to earn.
    163 weeks ago
    Thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you!

I'm still waiting for them to find out he has some massive brain tumor and that is why he's become so irrational but either way I am not a fan of all the hype and I'm glad to know that Teefury won't be trying to cash in on it.

THANK YOU!
    163 weeks ago
    yep, you guys are #winning
    163 weeks ago
    I applaud your decision.
    163 weeks ago
    I signed up just to say, good on you, and good on Craig Ferguson. You've earned my respect. I don't blame some people for not knowing better, but I do blame the people who do for going along with the circus.
    163 weeks ago
    Bravo, Tee Fury. You rule.
    163 weeks ago
    Thank you!! Charlie Sheen is exactly what TeeFury isn't about
    163 weeks ago
    I applaud your stance on not cashing in on the mentally ill. Also, I feel subject matter like that also waters down what Teefury is all about - art.
    162 weeks ago
    Thank You!!!!!!
    162 weeks ago
    I think its a bit like not printing Pink Floyd tees, because Sid Barett was mentally ill. Sheen may be mentally ill, but far from poor and he is absolute t-shirt gold.

I've created a shirt, but I like to think its purely positive.
    162 weeks ago
    Definitely not WINNING with this one...personally I think Charlie Sheen's having a ball and having the most fun he's had in a while. I don't think it's a "mental breakdown" as some are suggesting. His rants/videos/posts/media stints as of late may have been chaotic, unusual, and seemingly "mental"...but it's all been a brilliant and well thought out ride...the things he's been saying have been oddly poetic and fun in my eyes. Not celebrating it is your choice, but it's definitely gold.

For those of you looking for Sheentastic stuff... Alex Pardee has drawn a lovely Winning/Tiger Blood print that is up for sale.
    162 weeks ago
    shaebay said: One of the many reasons why I love teefury! You guys are awesome!
    162 weeks ago
    you guys would make so much money with a charlie sheen t-shirt. seriously. i get why you're not doing it but i don't think it's the best financial move. his twitter and interviews are the biggest thing on the internet right now. it's definitely a golden opportunity to make gold but i do respect the decision.
    162 weeks ago
    Hes perfectly sane its all a giant publicity stunt so good on ya for staying out of it
    162 weeks ago
    I am so glad y'all won't be joining that crazy train. If I see one more thing to do with that guy on the news or online, I will scream.
    162 weeks ago
    slr4x said: If you had printed a Charlie Sheen shirt, I would never shop here ever again.

ok I know it's the internet but let's not go overboard...lol

I'd have been fine with either decision. I'm pretty sure even an amateur CS tee would have done pancakes but it's cool TF isn't feeding the hype machine.

Hopefully we have more tees to support worldwide causes and disasters :)
    162 weeks ago
    FuzzyLogic said: Thank GOD!

FuzzyLogic!!!! its Gutter from the 'ol inkednation.com days.....whas up mah brotha!!!??

sorry for the double post.
  • Load More Comments