Back to forum
rss 286 weeks ago
Hey guys

My name is Zack Davenport. I am 19 and a freshman at NC State College of Design majoring in Graphic Design.

Most of my work is done on tees. I started out on anothersite but I am trying to broaden my work to different websites. (like shirt.woot, somewhereelse, itself, designgive)

I was wondering how some of my designs might fly here. Here is an example of some of my work. Feel free to give feedback and/or criticism.

I would love to be printed here so if you have any suggestions for improvement, shoot.

Sick of my Job!

Knight's Romance

Live the Thug Life!

Full Moon

Also, here is a link to my virb website.

Thanks guys!

Zack Davenport
(919) 943-7014
[email protected]
16Comments
    286 weeks ago
    Designs are well done, but I wouldn't wear them. And stop bumping so much, give it time and people will reply.
    286 weeks ago
    "Sick of my job": I'm getting the sense from the title that the horse is ill, but the Xs on its eyes is implying something more like death. Is it sick from all the spinning? Maybe a swirly mark kind of thing above its head to indicate dizziness? Frankly, I think having it act all dizzy and wobbly would better than the current vomiting; death eyes and vomiting looks a little too morbid for the art style you're using (just mho).

"Knight's romance": I don't "get" it. What's the knight in love with? And why is the heart not totally filled in? If the design made clear what it was about, I'd consider buying this one.

"Thug life": Very cool. Not my style, but very cool.

"Full moon": I'm not into this genre of shirt, but I really like the style you used. Actually, it gives a great sense of motion. I'd try changing the moon to a fiery meteor and ditching the wolves altogether. Use that as a base for another design.

Seconding what the other guy said: cool it on the bumping. People will give you critiques when they have the time.

Please keep in mind, I'm not an artist. I don't have the talent to do what you do, but I _do_ buy a lot of t-shirts :)
    286 weeks ago
    I like the skull one and the full moon one. YAY NC college! I'm at UNCW now will be at state soon!!

Very well done. Skull is my favorite!
    286 weeks ago
    I really like the style of the full moon.
    I think that style could be used on many other designs to make them look cool too.

I pretty much agree with indievik's critique on the others.

286 weeks ago
    Yes, I really like the Full Moon shirt. I'd buy it.
    286 weeks ago
    the silver/charcoal on white would look cool. By the way, I also live in Cary, NC. But Im a senior in HS, so i got 1 more year.
    286 weeks ago
    Artwise I like them, they look like the would be a good fit for anothersite
    286 weeks ago
    Quote: mrdavenport
    said 6 hours ago
    Awesome man! what school do you go to? I probably know it/know someone from it. I grew up in Durham so I'm not too far away from home... where are you thinking about going to college? interested in design?

thanks also by the way, i like the silver also. hopefully layne does too.

I go to green hope high (our FB team blows). I actually worked on my college applications today. I want to go to Michigan, Wisconsin, Washington, Illinois, or Minnesota. Michigan is my 1st choice though. As for design, I used to do a ton of stuff with photoshop, and Im pretty good at it as well as web design, but I dont think Im going to pursue a career in it :(.
    286 weeks ago
    i have some feedback for you, but you may not like all of it. dont worry though, most people dont ;)
    firstly, though i like the improvement to the shirt you are hoping to woot, maybe you should keep your broadcasting things before they happen to a minimum.
    AAAAAND on that note.
    for the love of god man stop friggin posting. you will rapidly go from people liking your designs to people being vastly annoyed which is terrible for sales.
    calm down. srsly. this isnt anothersite and people are not checking the thread quite as often yet here. people here and at woot will GLADLY tell you what they think whether its good, bad or indifferent.
    however, you must give them time to drop by and look.
    rant over.
    carry on.
    286 weeks ago
    1st, I agree with Peppers about the bumping. I check t-shirts out during the week but rarely post comments until the weekend when I have more time so the constant bumping might be annoying to more regulars. Also, from what I've seen, TeeFury doesn't have a huge posting community yet so it will take a bit for those of us who do post to comment on everything.

Also, I like the color improvement on the last shirt but it really isn't my style. Too... typical wildlife shirt. Strikes me more as something you'd pick up in a tourist trap shop near the Tetons or the like.

I think your strongest entries are the horse or the skulls (and I avoid buying skull shirts). I think the style is better and more interesting then the wolves. I would take the speech bubble out of the skulls and change the colors up a little. The hair skull probably won't have the hair very visible since the outline color is so similar to the shirt color.
    285 weeks ago
    Hi Zack,
    Nice work, though not for me. Maybe it's generational thing because I can tell you that alot of the kids I teach (highschool) would love your work (esp. the wolves).
    Great to see a young artist opening their work up for feedback. Shows alot of courage.
    Good luck!
    285 weeks ago
    thanks a lot curb!
    284 weeks ago
    If Full Moon was put on a red, black, or white shirt, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Very well done, cool looking design.
    284 weeks ago
    Thanks ChaoticStar89! Let me work on that, ill post those color options and see how they work!
    284 weeks ago
    here you go chaoticstar. what does everyone else think?

3006229412_6432ea859c_b.jpg3005391545_0d3f285c58_b.jpg3006175076_c6f1429d0b_b.jpg
    284 weeks ago
    Here is another version: how would this look?

3005481503_59aee53801_o.jpg