Back to forum
rss 287 weeks ago
Friends,

We have some very exciting news to share that has been in the works for the past little while. To cut to the chase, here it is:

TeeFury has just entered into an exclusive partnership with somewhereelse.com!

Basically, this means that somewhereelse (DBH) and TeeFury will be under the same roof which will allow TeeFury access to all of the DBH resources - everything from production to order fulfillment and shipping. We're excited to tap into DBH's industry experience and knowledge to help us take TeeFury to the next level!

Here is the announcement that somewhereelse made to their community:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This just in!

DBH Announces Weekend SALE in Celebration of DBH/TeeFury.com Partnership!

somewhereelse is excited to announce that it has just entered into an exclusive partnership with its friends over at TeeFury.com! For those of you who have not yet experienced “The Fury”, you’ll want to continue reading below!

TeeFury.com is a new t-shirt site that entered the online t-shirt arena less than 3 months ago and has been turning heads ever since. At TeeFury.com, one new limited-edition tee is made available every 24 hours for only $9. After the 24 hours is up, that shirt is gone forever. Also, artists keep full rights to their design and are paid $1 for every tee sold during the 24 hour period. Great for the artist and great for the t-shirt lover!

So why a DBH/TeeFury partnership? Well, lots of reasons……….

- First, there is a ton of quality art out there that is not getting printed.

- Second, DBH feels that the “one shirt a day limited-edition concept” is novel.

- Third, as new artists emerge they may feel more comfortable “renting” their art to TeeFury for 24 hours as a testing ground for a potentially “bigger” payday on another site such as DBH.

- Fourth, DBH likes the idea of a lower priced everyday tee to compliment their current product offering!

In the end, if you are an artist, you will have the quality of DBH handling your work and the opportunity to participate on both sites. If you are a t-shirt addict, then you now have double the temptation!

Now let’s welcome TeeFury to the party!

somewhereelse.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you everyone for supporting TeeFury in its first few months of life on the internets. Things are just going to get better from here!

For those of you who don't know about somewhereelse, please take a second to go meet our new partners here.

Love,

Layne

28Comments
    287 weeks ago
    Man, this is a great idea and great to know. I was just visiting somewhereelse earlier, and it said "For the full story, click here to visit teefury.com. I had no idea what was going on and I thought it was my computer or something, haha.

Congrats to both companies and glad to hear the news.
    287 weeks ago
    Damn, that's great news! Two of my favorite shirt sites working together has got to be a good thing.

So is this why you've got international shipping all of a sudden, or have I just not been paying attention and missed an announcement?
    287 weeks ago
    great news! i'm ready for this!
    287 weeks ago
    tee fury should starting printing on the shirts DBH uses. they are easily some of the softest and most comfortable shirts i've worn recently.
    287 weeks ago
    We are keeping the blank the same for now - but in the future who knows? We feel the $9 price point is pretty important - and our current blank is the best bang for the buck right now - but you never know :) the only constant is change!
    287 weeks ago
    "tee fury should starting printing on the shirts DBH uses. they are easily some of the softest and most comfortable shirts i've worn recently."

I second that motion :)
    287 weeks ago
    Well i haven't seen the teefury shirts but I think they should start printing bigger on the shirts! =)
    287 weeks ago
    CT brings up a good point... will the same print rules of Teefury apply (color limits, size limits, etc) or will the Teefury brand have access to all the same processes as DBH? I have to presume the former if the price is staying down, but it'd be interesting to know for sure.

Also, while I like that DBH is open to printing former teefury prints, I do hope there won't be preferential treatment... a teefury shirt should be on the same level as any other entered shirt. Hopefully this is obvious to DBH and to designers... I'd hate for DBH to become little more than a past teefury depository.
    287 weeks ago
    "tee fury should starting printing on the shirts DBH uses. they are easily some of the softest and most comfortable shirts i've worn recently"

I would love for that to happen. DBH is easily one of my favorite sites and I love their shirts. Great quality! Maybe with the partnership, costs would allow this while still retaining a low price point? (said hopefully)
    287 weeks ago
    Very cool news layne, I like the idea :)
    287 weeks ago
    this seriously made my night when i saw this email....such a good deal for you guys. in such a short time. it's impressive!
    287 weeks ago
    thats great news! I love those guys!
    287 weeks ago
    Congrats! I hope this won't change the business model of this site, though.

I actually just purchased my first two DBH shirts today, since the prices have always been a deterrent. Might as well bite now when they're a little more manageable.
    287 weeks ago
    I swear the girly blank is the same as the DBH one... anyways congrats guys ;)
    287 weeks ago
    When will TeeFury ship to Europe? :(
    287 weeks ago
    I swear the girly blank is the same as the DBH one... anyways congrats guys ;)
    287 weeks ago
    Huh. Maybe TF can use the DBH's underutilized "fabric blank" for its shirts now.
    287 weeks ago
    Congratulations, Layne and team. Access to greater resources is going to be a huge bonus. I'm really happy for you.
    287 weeks ago
    Will I be able to use DBH Dollars to buy teefury shirts? That would be awesome.
    Also, I agree with cardinalgoldstein, you should look into getting those Fabric shirts.
    287 weeks ago
    Awesome! Congratulations guys!!
    287 weeks ago
    Would be nice to use DBH dollars, but unfortunately this won't be happening - TF is partnering with DBH so we can get more exposure to their community, we will of course pursue other opportunities with them to make TF more efficient and awesome.
    287 weeks ago
    Congrats on the partnership!! It's nice to see this site getting recognition it deserves!
    287 weeks ago
    Awesome, congratulations! Sounds like everything's going great
    287 weeks ago
    GREAT AND really bad as the international free shipment is gone at DBH

Really this is sooooooooooooooo bad to do so !!!
    287 weeks ago
    DBH had free international shipping? I've always paid for it.
  • Load More Comments