Back to forum
rss 185 weeks ago
Hey, I'm Jordan, although most of you here know me as Jordamus_prime. I'm pretty much a huge geek, as most of you already know. Myself and a friend are starting up a website/blog that will focus on pretty much everything geeky you can imagine. It is going to be epic and cover up to date news and information on the latest movies, comic books, video games and toys, as well as various other geek media!

Before we could even get anything underway, we realized that we are going to need an AWESOME and AMAZING Logo for our website!

Essentially, I'm asking if any artists have some freetime and would like to help us out with an awesome logo? We can't really pay anything, but you will receive Credit for the actual logo design on the site. Thanks for your time and consideration! Please help a guy out!

The name of our site will be 'GeekAllianceOnline.com', if you could figure out a way to incorporate that into a design, that would be AMAZING!
12Comments
    185 weeks ago
    wow the geeks are starting there take over,should i run for cover now,lol good luck josh i hope you get wicked help from our regular artists,
    185 weeks ago
    it might might be amazing but i can still make some thing awesome
    185 weeks ago
    Hey dude, great iniciative!
    Drop me a line here sotomayor.daniel at gmail.com and tell me a bit more about your project.

Peace!
    185 weeks ago
    biotwist said: it might might be amazing but i can still make some thing awesome

That's because you're the man! I really appreciate it!
    185 weeks ago
    My first thought of GeekAlliance was a melding of the Rebel Alliance insignia with the Starfleet insignia. I'm thinking maybe you want something less simple though? I can probably whip that up if it sounds like something you'd like, let me know.
    185 weeks ago
    I'll give it a try
    185 weeks ago
    rtofirefly said: My first thought of GeekAlliance was a melding of the Rebel Alliance insignia with the Starfleet insignia. I'm thinking maybe you want something less simple though? I can probably whip that up if it sounds like something you'd like, let me know.

I'm in love with that idea and it's an awesome concept, but I'm also not trying to get us sued for infringing on those copyrights by using them as our website logo haha. Thanks though, I really do think that sounds amazing.
    185 weeks ago
    Hmm, you may have a point, although I think that with them melded together it is visually different enough to not be breaking any copyrights. Here I made a really quick mock-up of what I had in mind:
    geekalliance.png
    185 weeks ago
    This site that your creating sound really fun make sure you drop a post on here when its up and running
    185 weeks ago
    rtofirefly said: Hmm, you may have a point, although I think that with them melded together it is visually different enough to not be breaking any copyrights. Here I made a really quick mock-up of what I had in mind:
    geekalliance.png

Wow that actually looks even cooler than I thought it would! Honestly we may end up going with that if you don't mind haha. I do want to give it a few mroe days just to see what everyone else comes up with though too. But maybe that, looks awesome great job!
    185 weeks ago
    MilleniumT said: This site that your creating sound really fun make sure you drop a post on here when its up and running

I most definatly will! It's funny the day we started doing all the work for this I got promoted at my other writing gig on examiner.com from just being the Philadelphia Comic Books Examiner to being the National Comic Books Examiner, so now I'm a nationally Published writer! It's relaly exciting to be getting my name out there and I'm pretty stoked to be getting this website up and running, should be awesome! Thanks for all your support and I'll be sure to post a link as soon as its up!
    185 weeks ago
    Glad you like it man :) If you decide you'd like to use it just let me know, and I'll clean it up nice and send you the file!