Back to forum
rss 188 weeks ago
I'm working up a new design just because while watching Dr Who my mind began to wander into Oz, then what I was watching began to merge with what I was thinking and I came up with this.
Figure I'll post the different stages of work for this illustration and get any feedback along the way to help improve on it.

71Comments
    188 weeks ago
    i love the idea ,very good,it did make me chuckle,
    188 weeks ago
    Love the idea!
    188 weeks ago
    Love the idea....we need more TARDIS here.
    188 weeks ago
    Great idea, very funny! :)
    187 weeks ago
    Here are the pencils for the illustration. Might do the Tardis digitally to get the perspective right on it, might be easier. I brought in the flying monkey in a bit closer rather than flying in the distance.
    Any crits so far before I hit the inks?
    dr-who-in-oz-pencils
    187 weeks ago
    looks really good, cant wait to see it finished.
    187 weeks ago
    after looking at it the Tardis seems a bit small in length compared to the munchkins. I'm going to have to make it a bit taller in size
    185 weeks ago
    Love this idea...
    185 weeks ago
    looks awesome. could turn out so well!
    159 weeks ago
    its been a long time since I did any work on this idea. So finally came back to it. Getting it all together. Still not quite finished. feels like its missing something. Maybe adjust the colors. Any crits on how to improve on it to get where its just right.
    Who killed the wicked witch WIP
    159 weeks ago
    I love this so much.
    159 weeks ago
    Funny when I started on this one there was rarely if any Who shirts on Teefury. now they are all the rage, almost seems like I'm jumping on the bandwagon.
    159 weeks ago
    The TARDIS seems a little light, maybe darker like a dark blue. Maybe the other wicked witch being puzzled or something
    159 weeks ago
    I have to agree that the TARDIS looks a little light. I think i would show more of the the witch's legs. It's kinda difficult to see what's going on.
    159 weeks ago
    I've had 2nd thought on the witches shoes as well. maybe stretch the legs out more and make the ruby slippers a bit bigger.
    159 weeks ago
    LOVE the concept! I definitely love the new placement of the flying monkies.

I would also bring out the legs a bit more. Make the shoes a bit bigger & put sparkles on the shoes. They need to be distinguishable from the munchkin's shoes.

Other than that great shirt. Just please don't let them print it this month. My money is starting to run low & I'd love to own it.
    158 weeks ago
    I would like the TARDIS to be a darker blue and I think the wicked witch's shoes/legs need to be a bit more noticeable. maybe make the shoes bigger and have the legs further out the bottom of the TARDIS. And it might look better if you try and put a bit less red around the ruby slippers (because the red socks, shorts and shoes on the munchkins get in the way a bit of the ruby slippers)
    158 weeks ago
    I love the idea and the execution, but there is a lot of green. The city kind of blends in with the grass.
    158 weeks ago
    Totally agree with the withces shoes, will be redoing that. The shoes do have sparkles on it but, once they shoes ar a bit bigger then it might be more noticeable.

All that green whould be the shirt color, though once the art idps totally done i'll probably play with some other color variations to see it would look good on some other shirt color. Thanks this has all been helpful
    158 weeks ago
    Two things:

First) Please put a St. John's Ambulance badge on the TARDIS just because it has one now and this design is too cool to start off outdated.

Second) Please call this design the Wizard of Who.
    158 weeks ago
    The idea is AMAZING! I would just, as many others suggested, reduce the amount of green. Also, maybe put a bit more detail into the tardis, and (possibly) keep the munchkin in front from blocking any part of the witch's shoes, because they're not very noticeable.
    158 weeks ago
    Agree with the above comments. LOVE this idea. I would try to make the TARDIS more "realistic" (I use that term lightly because, in fact, the TARDIS isn't real.) More detail? I liked the "POLICE" on the front in the original post. Keep working with it--it is on the right track to being amazing!
    158 weeks ago
    all text necessary text will be added once I get the colors, drawing all laid out just the way i need it to be.

St johns Patch badge? Will have to look that one up. Haven't seen any of the new episodes yet to realize it needed that.

Let me get to work back on it and make some updates to it.
    158 weeks ago
    razz007 said:
    St johns Patch badge? Will have to look that one up. Haven't seen any of the new episodes yet to realize it needed that.

It looks like this: St%20Johns%20Ambulance.jpg

It goes here: 27543_112466882108336_4577_n.jpg

Thus far only 1st and 11th Doctors have had it but it is a part of the show now nonetheless.
    158 weeks ago
    Oh great, thanks primus420 :P, now I'm going to have to rewatch an ep from the new season.

I never noticed the St. John's patch. Oh well any night is a good night for some Dr. Who. :D Think I might rewatch the xmas special. I really loved that one.

One suggestion. You can take it for what it's worth. I think it would be really funny if both Dorothy & the Dr were peeking out from the Tardis. I know it's a lot of work. So do with that what you will.

I will be looking forward to this being printed. Get them to print is at the beginning of the month so I can buy it. :)
  • Load More Comments