Back to forum
rss 215 weeks ago
I'm here to post about the lack of an archive (ARCH-IVE, due to stupid filters) and about being censored when I complained about it.

I was told to post it on the forum and said I should read the "posting guidelines" of which there is nothing that says I can't post the same thing every day.

Considering my messages ALSO contain information relevant to the shirt at hand, it does not violate the "under 2 hours should be on topic" rule.

This place has gone down hill so much lately and it is getting depressing.

Why are you doing this Teefury? WHY?
26Comments
    215 weeks ago
    Um... if this place is depressing you, then why are you still here, complaining?
    215 weeks ago
    Stexe, last night's post included absolutely nothing except complaining about the beef.

Beyond that, lower on the rules page: "Please be sure that your post doesn't negatively affect other people's enjoyment of the site."

Posting the same complaint every day certainly is irritating for many (if not most) of the people who read the front page. Being part of a community means respecting others enough to post responsibly and in the correct places, particularly when you've been told several times.
    215 weeks ago
    Well, I didn't know you warned me server times before because THERE IS NO beef for me to go back and check messages froma previous day. See the problem?
    215 weeks ago
    An ar-chive would be nice, but it's obviously not happening right now/in the future. That being said, if the ar-chive was such a draw for you (and impacting your view of the entire site), i don't understand why you are constantly complaining about one thing over and over again.

MJ is correct; it's just annoying to read someone constantly whining about one thing involving an entire site. I'd love to have an ar-chive to look at shirts that were around before i started purchasing from teefury, but i don't. And, ya know what? There are still amazing t-shirts being printed daily and an amazing forum.

Either let one thing spoil your view of an entire site and community, or get over it.

In either case, i highly doubt anyone really wants updates every day containing the same thing over and over again. It pretty much comes across as a kid throwing a temper tantrum and stomping his feet.
    215 weeks ago
    Also, I don't understand how lack of an ar-chive prevents you from buying a shirt you actually want. Seems a bit self-defeating - pointlessly protesting something while at the same time depriving yourself of something you want. There are tons of past shirts on the Facebook page anyway.
    215 weeks ago
    ah! vintage whine
    215 weeks ago
    i used to complain about this too but...why do u need to see the old shirts? u cant buy them... u cant pick what u get in the grab bag. facebook it up dude.
    215 weeks ago
    I like looking at the old shirts to show people what shirt I have, or to read the comments on shirts I get from random things.

Also, it might be annoying to hear me complain about it, but that is how things get changed. If no one protested or complained then there would be very little change.

The reason why it stops me from purchasing a new shirt is because it is a form of PROTEST.

And again, how was I suppost to see the previous warnings if I can't even view old t-shirt page comments? Seesh.
    215 weeks ago
    Stexe said: Also, it might be annoying to hear me complain about it, but that is how things get changed.

It's really not. The people moderating and reading the comments are not the same people who code the site. Repetitive posts do absolutely nothing to win anyone over to your cause, except irritating those who might have been sympathetic otherwise ;)
    214 weeks ago
    I'd like the facebook photos to be organized by bi-weekly periods, or even monthly. Would TF consider doing that? Smaller chunks to go thru make it easier on the mind-it's not so much of an overload when cycling through. I think it's roughly 150+ photos now. It would probably take an afternoon or so, but well worth it. I'd even be willing to do it if mods don't have time.

Btw Stexe, the facebook page has tons of t-shirt photos. I've only learned of TF in January (after the beef was taken down) and I've been able to check out so much back history that way. It could be your solution as well if you wanted to see the tees.
    214 weeks ago
    Interesting suggestion Chaosbeast. That would be helpful.

214 weeks ago
    Stexe said: I like looking at the old shirts to show people what shirt I have,

invest in a camera and take a picture. Or just draw the shirt on a piece of paper with some crayons/markers. Then you can carry around the picture for days that you aren't wearing the shirt. OR - just buy two shirts - one to wear and the other to carry around at all times so that you can show people. If you don't want to shell out the $20, just buy the one shirt, but wear it everday. It might get a little difficult to do if you buy a lot of shirts, in which case I'd re-suggest the first option of the picture-taking and/or crayon-drawing.
    214 weeks ago
    Vintage Whine. That was awesome.
    I'm surprised I haven't seen that before. :D

Funny stuff!!!
    214 weeks ago
    @FuzzyLogic, my comment wasn't meant to be a whine- it was just constructive criticism.
    @jimiyo, just tell me when to help and I will. I really want to be a part of TF community.
    214 weeks ago
    melbel said: i used to complain about this too but...why do u need to see the old shirts? u cant buy them... u cant pick what u get in the grab bag. facebook it up dude.

there is no better advertising then people being able to see they missed awesome old shirts, it will help keep people coming back every to just incase the might miss something awesome

214 weeks ago
    Chaosbeast said: @FuzzyLogic, my comment wasn't meant to be a whine- it was just constructive criticism.

@jimiyo, just tell me when to help and I will. I really want to be a part of TF community.

Scroll back up and see WinterArtwork's post.
    214 weeks ago
    Olechka said: Um... if this place is depressing you, then why are you still here, complaining?

i will complain, i like this site but the world filters are making me participate less

214 weeks ago
    btw you know who else censores free speech in order to create the illusion the every one is happy? Communist china
    214 weeks ago
    biotwist said: btw you know who else censores free speech in order to create the illusion the every one is happy? Communist china

What? I think you are under the impression that a lot more is getting censored than actually is :/

If one guy insists on posting almost the same thing verbatim on the front page every day for weeks despite repeated warnings, then yeah, it's getting deleted. That's what the forums are for.
    214 weeks ago
    biotwist said:
    Olechka said: Um... if this place is depressing you, then why are you still here, complaining?

i will complain, i like this site but the world filters are making me participate less

I'm surprised people take such an issue with the word filters, they're like the most fun part of posting, haha.
    214 weeks ago
    Misplaced beef pop art
    214 weeks ago
    MJ said:
    biotwist said: btw you know who else censores free speech in order to create the illusion the every one is happy? Communist china

What? I think you are under the impression that a lot more is getting censored than actually is :/

If one guy insists on posting almost the same thing verbatim on the front page every day for weeks despite repeated warnings, then yeah, it's getting deleted. That's what the forums are for.

Are you saying I can post the same thing verbatim every day in the forums?
    214 weeks ago
    MJ said:

yes i have been assuming that,guess i made an ass out of u and me
    213 weeks ago
    MJ said:

What warnings? I couldn't check to see any warnings because I CAN NOT GO BACK AND READ PREVIOUS POSTS. I only really have time to check Teefury once a day (at 1 AM right before I go to sleep), so that arguement is moot. Of course there is still no private message or beef so I can't tell if you warned me or not. See how poor this system is?

Also, you guys have the ability to put the beef back up. And if moderators are not the coders, they at least have more influence with them then a random user like me.

So I'd say do what you have to do, and I'll do what I have to do -- stop buying products and blame you as the reason.
    175 weeks ago
    As much as I'm annoyed by random whining, I gotta agree with Stexe that a comment asking where the archive went being deleted is stupid. I was an avid TeeFury fan when the archive went away (checking the shirt immediately as it appeared, staying on into the night commenting with fellow TeeFurians, checking it the next morning, etc.), and when I asked about it, the comment was immediately deleted and it really ticked me off. It wasn't just that, though. A lot of comments from other people were being censored for no legitimate reason. It just seemed like an unnecessary power trip on the part of the moderators. So, I left the Fury for a bit, taking my money with me. But then I missed the mother-flipping Cthulhu shirt!!! Curse you TeeFury and your monopoly on the good tee artists!! ;)

So anyway, sorry to re-open an old wound. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.
  • Load More Comments