Back to forum
rss 298 weeks ago
So just curious.. Does the sellout number increase as the site becomes more popular?. Do you set it at say 300,500, 1000?
16Comments
    298 weeks ago
    I was wondering this too. Is there a set number of each design printed? Or does it change for each design?
    298 weeks ago
    Well i'm pretty sure they only print the shirts after they get the orders for the day. I think that would be the only way to make some kind of profit off the $9 tees. I just don't know what the number is to determine the sell-out.
    298 weeks ago
    layne commented on rikkib's shirt they added to it since it was going to sell out so quickly.
    also i vaugely remember them saying before they launched that they would start with 500 and move up in increments as the site got rolling. dont hold me to that though lol.
    298 weeks ago
    I can give a little insight here ;)

We are simple folks here at the FURY, so here is what we do - we take an estimated guess on how the design will do (based on how good looking the artist is, the position of the moon, the current high tide level, and other scientific stuff). Once sales hit our predetermined estimate then the bird dies and the tee sells out.
    298 weeks ago
    Hahaha, you managed to dodge that question nicely ;)
    298 weeks ago
    Just give me the god damn number!!! haha
    297 weeks ago

You too can become a milliionaire instantly on the FURY!
    297 weeks ago
    Well let's try to figure this out. Teefury has over 500 registered members. I haven't bought a shirt yet(sorry) but I'm assuming you don't have to register to be able to buy a shirt. SO, let's say registered members are 50% of the total and that gives us over 1000 potential buyers (and still growing). Which gives me a sellout number as being around 300-400 at the moment. Yea......... OOOOKAY.
    297 weeks ago
    Or we can just ask a selling artist how much they made and then correlate that with how close they were to selling out.
    297 weeks ago
    That sounds about right fftkrazee. Heh, but I like that million better layne, maybe someday huh?
    297 weeks ago
    Heh, but I like that million better layne, maybe someday huh?

I gotta say, we are patient folks, so we can wait a while to hit 1 million . . . I think three weeks is long enough to wait - how about you?
    297 weeks ago
    ha, it all sound so mysterious, a closely guarded secret....anyone know how many shirts so far have sold out? (on the subject of a different blog...the dead bird tee is a great idea)
    297 weeks ago
    3 weeks? For sure that would be awesome!

jcw- I think around 4 tees have sold out so far.
    297 weeks ago
    Well I'm pretty sure someone sold over a hundred and one sold more than 250. But both obviously weren't sell outs. My guess is sellouts would be around 300-500.
    297 weeks ago
    I am guessing a sell out is different for each tee. They predict how many 100, 200, 300 ??? etc.
    297 weeks ago
    I'd be cool with dropping the sell-
    out altogether (as opposed to the current method of selling a predetermined number of shirts. Even though the dead bird icon and sell-out bar are both pretty cool, I think a 24-hour timeframe is enough of a restriction on a hit shirt...

Overall, though, this site rocks- especially for still being in its infancy (or is it already toddling? What an early developer!)