Back to forum
rss 27 weeks ago
I wanted to share a work in progress image. I hope it doesn't end up too large. I was hoping to see if I could get some thoughts from the community before I submit this to Teefury.

Since I can't seem to make it work inputing the image via html here's the link.

http://aaron-radney.deviantart.com/art/Trainer-Hermione-406641689
7Comments
    27 weeks ago
    Well a little late and sorry for the double post but I figured out how to get the image to show you guys here at last.

trainerhermione.jpg

So, let's try this again. This is a concept I'm planning on submitting to teefury. The idea was to mash up Harry Potter and Pokemon. Here I have Hermione with a Skitty representing her familiar, Crookshanks, and a Buizel, representing her patronus, an otter. I am still working on it though as I feel like as a mash up the two parts are not well integrated right now. If I still feel that way after some more sketching I'll tweak the concept's execution.

There are two ways I could go that I can think of right now for greater fusion of the two fandoms.
    1. Push it more toward pokemon and perhaps eliminate the wand while dressing Hermione more in the clothes of a female trainer.
    2. Push it more toward Harry Potter and make the Buizel more patronus like in coloration and design.
    Thoughts?
    26 weeks ago
    This is what will be my final Hermione Trainer shirt design. I'm hoping to see what the Teefury community thinks.

hermione_3_test.jpg
    26 weeks ago
    I love these!!!! I would buy one for sure!
    26 weeks ago
    yeah I like the MashedPotato, sweet idea. nice textures too. I like the whole idea about it
    26 weeks ago
    The design was not accepted today. Does anyone have any idea as to why that might have been the case?
    26 weeks ago
    An interesting mix. Maybe use a more recognizable Pokemon?
    I might use less gradients on the shiny parts and make the lines around the Patronus charm lighter so it looks luminous.
    26 weeks ago
    The submitted version was the one with the blue background and there's only 1 gradient in it technically. Everything else are single color half tones. I like the luminosity idea. The pokemon were picked because they corresponded to Hermione's patronus (an otter) and her familiar (a cat). I could go with Meowth, a very recognizable first gen for the cat but I can't think of anything else for her patronus. I'm open to suggestion.