Back to forum
rss 45 weeks ago
I made this a little while ago and I would like to submit it, but would care fro some feedback. I am not too sure about the overall look and wonder if it should be simpler and have fewer colors with more of a halftone comic book look. I would appreciate any comments.

Thank you.
Roy
http://www.evernote.com/shard/s208/sh/fcc2e045-ef33-4513-b78a-c5d308eea623/cbd7e2509db023bab44a87e7c058302a
6Comments
    45 weeks ago
    Okay, I just took a gander and I love the idea. The image of Bossk with that silly lizard grin made me smile. You could go with fewer colors and I don't feel it would necessarily detract from the image but I'm not sure it would make a huge difference either. I do feel that more halftones to add a little depth could be a bonus however; Bossk himself looks a tad unfinished compared to the border area. On a minor note, I noticed an "off" spot on the side of his head. Just a little white spot that needs filled in. I really like what you've got so far; I just think it needs a little polishing. Also, you may want to get the image posted right here in the forum so people don't have to follow a separate link. It may seem silly, but most folks won't take the time to look or comment otherwise. Good luck!
    45 weeks ago
    Manbat:
    Thank you for your comments. Your suggestions make a lot of sense. You are also right about posting the image, but I couldn't get it to work and had to leave the computer. If you know how to properly post a link I would greatly appreciate it. In the meantime I will try out some of your suggestions.
    Thanks.
    44 weeks ago
    I would try uploading your image to Photobucket first. You'll be given an easy copy and paste image link that should work here. If you type the word 'image' into the forum search here, you'll find plenty of past discussions on the subject.
    And you know, I was thinking you may be right to want to cut down on the color count. It might give the art a certain quality (and be less expensive to produce). You may also want to consider toning down whatever colors you do use. Bossk could be a slightly more swampy green or even brown color. Sometimes I find if the colors are too bright and saturated in my own designs they look a bit garish. Oh, and make sure you halftone that background gradient.
    Hoping to get the chance to buy this here someday!
    44 weeks ago
    cbd7e2509db023bab44a87e7c058302a
    44 weeks ago
    cbd7e2509db023bab44a87e7c058302a
    44 weeks ago
    Thanks manbat:

I'll try photo bucket and the image changes.