Back to forum
rss 258 weeks ago
Hey, I've been working on a new design that I kinda like so far, but I'm not sure if I should add more to it, or just be done. Wachu think?

Photobucket

thats what i have so far.
Any advice or comment would be great
12Comments
    258 weeks ago
    I would definitely go with color, but that's more of a personal preference I guess because I tend to not like outlines. I also Arrrgggh heather gray though... so maybe this shirt just isn't for me.

With that being said, I really like the lineart and the design is very cool. It reminds me of when my mechanical pencils do that to me when I mess with them too much (although much less drastic they basically just splinter).

Anywho... without the big changes of color and shirt color, I think the drawing itself doesn't need that much work... its very good!

Another thing, I'd consider getting a new shirt template because the one you are using looks insanely long. (Maybe its just me... but it looks unnatural.) EDIT: Maybe it just looks a little skinny in the torso actually... I don't know but something feels weird about it. Just saying.

Hope something from my rambling helps...
    258 weeks ago
    add light, shadows and color. I think it needs it.
    258 weeks ago
    oh, and nice lines!
    258 weeks ago
    aight thanks.
    I'll work on it.
    257 weeks ago
    Alright, I added some color to it, and some ink coming out.
    Hows it look?

Photobucket

Im gonna keep it on heather grey, because you dont see it very often, and i personally kinda like it. lol

should i keep the ink...?

257 weeks ago
    Hey I really like it with the ink. Can the pen be a more realistic color tho? But keep me informed when you are done with the final product and who you submit it to. Because I want to buy it.
    257 weeks ago
    Mmkay, Thanks! whats your email so i can tell you if this ever gets printed?

K, i messed with the colors a bit. Im having trouble with them..maybe i'll just try again later...

I have two placements now.

Low:
    Photobucket

Normal:
    Photobucket

actually, now that i look again i kinda like these colors.. :o
    257 weeks ago
    WoW....that's all i've got to say totally awesome...
    I would buy it now...lol
    244 weeks ago
    Wicked!
    244 weeks ago
    Here's my first thought: Why is a mechanical pencil spewing ink?

I saw the outline and thought it was a mechanical pencil, so as it progressed I couldn't understand where the ink came from. Maybe if you were to darken/shade the ink channel (you know, the tubey part that holds the ink) a little differently it might look less mechanical pencil like.

P.S. I just realized that this was started 13 weeks ago. How'd it all turn out?
    243 weeks ago
    I think no color on the pen, but more explosive ink spatter. It also might look better on the shirt to put the pen more at an angle than to have it so vertical.
    243 weeks ago
    I think this shirt is great, I agree with jecret about the pen itself not being a color. I would like it a lot of there were a bunch of different color splatters.. but I guess that wouldnt really make sense unless it is one of those pens that writes in 5 different colors.

I think I just really like colorful ink splatters.