Back to forum
rss 57 weeks ago

firefly-mash-mash

feedback?
12Comments
    57 weeks ago
    Clever, simple, made me a bit sad for Zoe.

I like it.
    57 weeks ago
    Thanks. Tried to make it look worn and faded, felt like I never got it quite right. Any tips for better effects? I use gimp mostly.
    57 weeks ago
    I was just going to ask what you used for your 'worn' layer, and can you upload it to imgur as a 4800 by 3600!!
    57 weeks ago
    It's a mix between some of the brushes that came with gimp and some brushes I downloaded a long time ago called "scratch-grunge_brushes", it's an abr file, so I think its made for photoshop. I can send you the file if you want to.
    57 weeks ago
    Make some custom brushes yourself. Get some white paint and an old an old black shirt, combine them, then abuse it.

Scan the results, do a curves adjustment and Robert it your father's brother.

(It also ensures you're 100% clear copyright wise - some brush sets are non-commercial only.)
    56 weeks ago
    OH MY GOD YES
    56 weeks ago
    Thanks for the tip apeman, tried to make some brushes, turns out its not that hard, so thanks again.

I ended up with this, which I feel is a better result and not so messy as the last one.
    9082661265_1ce6c7e671_o.png
    56 weeks ago
    I think this is a nice design and I wish I'd thought of it. :)

I'd be tempted to round the tips of those Asterisks so it more closely matches the roundness of the font as their squareness looks at odds with the rest of text. Or even imitate the font from the M*A*S*H title from the show (easily viewable on Amazon DVD box sets).
    56 weeks ago
    This font?

Cooper Poster Black

The design looks nice though - looks much better with the newer cracks...
    55 weeks ago
    I love this!
    55 weeks ago
    This would be awesome for my husband! He is a huge M*A*S*H and Firefly fan!
    53 weeks ago
    Thanks for the feedback, 3 weeks but not a sound, oh well :)

Not sure about the "rules" for submitting the same design twice, for example without the cracks. But, worst case scenario is that it would steal half a seconds glance from the staff. Thinking...