Back to forum
rss 58 weeks ago
redracergo1
6Comments
    58 weeks ago
    wookiehumper posted
    8989313425_95ae75e85c.jpg
    (A traced image from one of the first pictures of an X-wing they could find on Google Image Search.)

No. That's not how it works. If you want to trace images and sell them on a T-shirt, the world of Cafepress* awaits.

If, however, you want to do it properly then you draw your own art in one of the styles you're parodying. Or in your own style if you prefer.

Sorry if this comes off a little terse, but posting a blatant trace and then not even bothering to comment is at best a careless and thoughtless thing to do, at worst you make Chuffy cross. What? I'm talking about myself in the third person now? Apparently so. I must be quite cross.

You've got line skill and you've made a reasonable adaptation of the character. So use those skills to create something from scratch. Back to the drawing board, I know you can do better.

*Cafepress - den of Clip-Art and Comic Sans, home of mediocrity, where bad stuff goes to die on the internet.
    58 weeks ago
    Thank you for the feedback.
    58 weeks ago
    It was weird: there's this X-Wing in intricate detail, and then the body of Speed ...the shoulder and arm are angular, blocky, completely different to the detailing of the harness. The outside border changes width, screaming "two different people made this. And I don't think one of them is aware it exists".

Please, PLEASE don't trace. We know artists get paid a dollar a shirt. We know that dollar signs dancing can be a heady inventive. But look at it like this: companies that do this for a living, they see it every day. To you, this was foolproof and long in the making: do just enough to make something that looks artistic, even if it's someone else's art, and with the right cultural icons you're looking at the easiest money a person can make. But to them: another person sent in a design with an image that can have TeeFury begging to lawyers to be gentle. Possible not even the only one they've seen today.

Please, let your creative side show. Not like this.
    58 weeks ago

red5racer
    58 weeks ago
    I call troll.
    58 weeks ago
    I'd love to think it's a troll. But...

speedracer-500x386.jpg

...a part of me thinks this person is being honest.

So honestly: this is just the kind of thing I think they're looking for. Submit it.