Back to forum
rss 45 weeks ago

I personally love political humor. What do you guys think? I thought about changing the tag line to "Indoctrinate! Legislate! Chief of State!" Any suggestions?
4Comments
    45 weeks ago
    First off, welcome to the forum. I'm just a regular user, not paid by the company, semi-regular contributor, occasional design sender.

I'm a HUGE Whovian, so let's start with the Dalek. The vents are new paradigm Dalek but the eye-stalk is old school Dalek. The laser is old-school too. The arm is old because it doesn't have the extender ripples on the length.

Here's one of the new boys.

series-5-dalek-2010-side.jpg

I personally like more going on with a design. Even if the suction arm was lifted 15, 20 degrees so you could see the gun details, or if the font was instantly Whovian in nature. I once said something like "I could duplicate it in GIMP in under 30 minutes" as a reason I would move on to the next design, and this is one. Sorry.

Don't think of it as, "how much money would I make if TeeFury printed my design?", because they must receive hundreds of submissions a week. They've never picked one of mine, and I can spend hours fiddling with a design (this Bad Wolf graffiti monochrome thing, for example).

Bad Wolf photo badwolf_zpsbf612b59.png

Think of it more as "TeeFury wants to make the most on any day, how can I give them a design they can't resist?" Because that seems to be the case. They get some obscenely good designs.

1364243313_b-MCO-rignwraith.png

People look for originality. Maddox (of The Best Page In The Universe) had this years ago, based on the American political symbols...

regressive_bs.jpg

DEM_iStock_000006017958Smal.jpg

Sorry that it's a harsh critique.
    44 weeks ago
    I personally like this design and the idea. Jackpot777, I don't really think it matters that this doesn't look EXACTLY like a dalek. People will know what it is. At least the artist did it himself instead of tracing something.
    44 weeks ago
    kitcatbrat said: I personally like this design and the idea. Jackpot777, I don't really think it matters that this doesn't look EXACTLY like a dalek. People will know what it is. At least the artist did it himself instead of tracing something.

It looks like a Dalek (eyestalk, plunger, four globes going down the bottom half), no two ways about it.

Daleks_2005_and_2010.jpg

What's funny is: the new paradigm (translation: we need to make the Daleks taller because Matt Smith and Karen Gillam are TALL!) borrows the gentral section from early 1960s Daleks.

Daleks-Meet-Doctor.jpg
    44 weeks ago
    gentral central section

(typing too fast)