Back to forum
rss 47 weeks ago
Comments, critiques and feedback welcome! Just wondering what everyone thinks of my newest creation. Megaman rocks-man. ;)

photo Rockpaperscissorscolor1_zps0185cbea.jpg
7Comments
    47 weeks ago
    I apologize for the sizing/quality.
    47 weeks ago
    I'm only vaguely aware of Mega Man so I had to look up the other character, Cut Man. It looks to the unfamiliar observer that Mega Man has lost a game previously and in doing so lost his right hand! :)

The art works, though I feel it may be missing something. Background details perhaps? I could be wrong. I think a Mega Man fan will probably give you better feedback than I can.

47 weeks ago
    Hey Chuffy! Allow me to elaborate a bit. The joke of it all is that in Japan, Mega Man is known as Rockman. Most fans know this little bit of trivia, but not everyone would get it. They're playing rock/paper/scissors.. and chosing their most "natural" option. :P Cutman lost :( Having to explain a joke is a bad sign!
    47 weeks ago
    I feel it needs something else, as well. I can't figure out if text would help.. The posted picture isn't doing the actual art justice, it looks much nicer on my side. I failed at posting it late last night and was too tired to re post.
    46 weeks ago
    photo b7330006-2279-4b4b-a03a-06c844d90116_zpsbefd0c4a.jpg
    46 weeks ago
    If you used some Japanese text it would probably drive home the Rockman joke better since it's require to know his Japan name to make the connection. Otherwise it just looks like MegaMan playing rock, paper, scissors with Cutman. Plus adding the text should anchor it to the shirt and fill up some of that empty space.

I didn't make the Rockman connection til you explained it to Chuffy. And jokes just aren't funny if you have to explain them.
    46 weeks ago
    The second I saw this I started laughing, no explanation required. I'm not even that into megaman, but I got the reference. I like how it is off center with no text. Keep it simple, stoopid.