Back to forum
rss 60 weeks ago

worth doing?

would appreciate some input, thanks
4Comments
    60 weeks ago
    Good idea. Looks like the lines could use a clean-up, but other than that, it's something I haven't seen before (and the saucer lends itself well to Pac-Man's shape).

Although the Ferengi weren't discovered until The Next Generation (the Federation is expanding out of the border area of the Beta Quadrant, previously off-limits because of the stand-off with the Klingons). That Starfleet insignia is Command insignia from the original series.

And wouldn't the ship be running from the ghosts unless they were all blue?

Trekkers, and old school gamers, might pick up on that.
    60 weeks ago
    Jackpot777 said: ...wouldn't the ship be running from the ghosts unless they were all blue?

Yes, I did wonder that myself.

Incidentally, some Ferengi were encountered prior to the original series in the prequel series Star Trek Enterprise. As were the Borg for that matter. However, it's a bit tricky to stick purely to Original Series only villains and come up with 4. Romulans and Klingons are obvious. Maybe a Gorn? After that I don't know.

As both an avid Star Trek fan and an arcade gamer from back in the day, I don't know if this idea will work. As politely as I can possibly put it, I'm not that enthusiastic about the idea. It doesn't mean you shouldn't try, it just means I'm sceptical.

I've spent days on designs that turned out not to work and conversely spent 30 minutes on a design that turned out to sell way more than I ever expected. You never can tell. Good luck, whatever you decide. :)
    60 weeks ago
    thanks for the feedback.

changing the insignia and adding a power pellet may make this idea make more sense? i would think making the ghost blue would ruin the "feel". will work on it some more and see what happens. again, thanks for the feedback.
    60 weeks ago
    imnotthere said: thanks for the feedback.

changing the insignia and adding a power pellet may make this idea make more sense? i would think making the ghost blue would ruin the "feel". will work on it some more and see what happens. again, thanks for the feedback.

As long as the power pellet is a lot closer to the Starfleet vessel (ghosts on the prowl move slightly faster than Pac-Man. Scared ghosts move slightly slower), that would work.

It may not be accepted at TeeFury (none of my designs ever have been), but I host them on another site and the shirts (and stickers, if they look good) sell well enough. It won't make me rich, but it's nice to receive cash for something I uploaded months or years ago.