Back to forum
image zipper
rss 67 weeks ago
We'd like to thank all of TeeFury's female customers who have been so helpful with their feedback on our shirt sizes. We've read all your comments and emails, and after a lot of research we're making some changes to our sizing.

Starting today, Tuesday, our women's size chart has been updated:

For customers who have previously ordered women's 2XL, that size has now changed and we've also added a 3XL size. Our goal with the changes is to offer a more complete range of women's sizes, providing great fitting tees to as many women as possible. These sizes go into effect today, so please use this information to help decide what size is right for you on future orders!
184Comments
    67 weeks ago
    I'm just curious, but why is the 2x shorter than the xl?
    67 weeks ago
    it would be helpful to show the old size chart to compare with what we already have.
  • image zipper
    67 weeks ago
    stef1533 said: it would be helpful to show the old size chart to compare with what we already have.

The only changes are to 2XL (previous purchasers are getting an email about the change) and 3XL (which is new to the site).

Sizing will remain the same for all other women's sizes :)
    67 weeks ago
    Are there going to be more standardized sizes? Every womens shirt I've received has been a different size despite them all being ordered as XXL. Two were much larger, like XXXL, one XXL (fits right), the one I received today was small, more like a XL and one that I"m waiting to be replaced was marked XXL but the measurements were in between a medium and a large.

Who checks them to make sure that the batches are correct? This is pretty frustrating and even though I've purchased oodles of shits from you, I'm just about to stop ordering.
    67 weeks ago
    KimsEclectic said: I'm just curious, but why is the 2x shorter than the 1x?
    i agree, why is it shorter? just because we're bigger doesnt mean im shorter. this change will have to force me to get a 3x which is still going to be just a little too short cause that size is also shorter then the 1x...
    67 weeks ago
    Could you post the old size chart for the 2XL so we can base our size upon that? I ordered a 2XL once and it fit me PERFECTLY. I was THRILLED to finally be able to buy fandom shirts that fit my curves the right way. I really hope these run the same.
    67 weeks ago
    Oh, and can you get these shirts in better colors? Fat chicks love colors besides black, white and navy blue.

Thanks!
    67 weeks ago
    I typically wear a large and I've always had issues with it being too small in the bust.

Also, if I wanted to get a men's shirt for myself would my women's large translate to a men's medium?
    67 weeks ago
    So exactly what is wrong with a women's shirt that is long enough that it DOES NOT look like a hillybilly boy is wearing it with it riding up the tummy? I have a Womens 2X Navy Blue XMen Student of the Month shirt and I LOVE IT!! It fits PERFECTLY! It's LONG ENOUGH for ONCE!! It measures 28ish inches long (as I am a tall girl the 27 inch length noted above for the 2x would result in the aforementioned hillbilly look) 99% of my tshirts are mens only because they are long enough, but I really HATE having to wear what feels like a potato sack bag just so that it's long enough. Also, while the Xmen design rocks on the Navy - I agree with more color options for the larger women. I have friends that do shirt printing and I know that if any given color is available in womens small, med & large, it's available in womens 2X and 3X - it's not until you get to 4X in either womens or mens that you start having limitations. And with the volume you guys do, you should absolutely have access to that color and size selection without much variance in pricing. If you don't your purchasing and sourcing folks aren't doing their jobs (of course it depends on whether or not the volume pricing is overall volume, or volume per size - but that stuff is, or should be, negotiable).

From other comments I have read this seems like it may not be the right solution to the problem. As those comments indicate an unreliable and highly varied definition of Women's XXL. It's great that you're nailing it down, but do you have to make it shorter and therefore more limited?
    67 weeks ago
    I think longer is always better! You can't add more shirt, but you can always hem stuff up!
    67 weeks ago
    Oh my goodness that is confusing...why would an xl be longet than a 3xl? Both you and the OTHER place are changing your sizes...grr...lol
    67 weeks ago
    So does this mean that any pending shirt orders will be sent out with the new sizing? I would need to change to a 3X then. My purple Inara's Shuttle t shirt didn't fit, & I think it was the new style 2x. Sent you an e mail on that, but haven't heard back yet.
  • image zipper
    67 weeks ago
    Just to clear up any possible confusion about the sizing of the Women's 2XL tees - any orders that were placed after March 11th will match the sizing on this chart. The 3XL is a brand new option starting today!

As far as the length of the tees goes, unfortunately, the specifications are determined by the supplier that we use so we can't make any changes where those are concerned. Sorry guys!

If anyone has received a tee that they feel was sized incorrectly please contact us at [email protected] with a photo and measurements of your tee and we'd be happy to look into the issue for you. Since our shirts are tagged manually there can sometimes be mixups! We're only human!

Thanks for your understanding everyone!
  • image zipper
    67 weeks ago
    KimsEclectic said: I'm just curious, but why is the 2x shorter than the xl?

The T-shirt mills offer the fashion fit juniors / womens sizing typically only through XL. We have found these shirts to be on the small side, so in order to offer a wider range of sizes to our customers, we have extended our size range offering by adding the companion "missy" T-shirt to be our 2XL & 3XL. "Missy" shirts tend to run a little shorter in length than the fashion fit juniors / womens, but it does allow us to expand our total size range offering.
    67 weeks ago
    So in other words, the five shirts I'm waiting on are going to come in a size that won't fit & that I was unaware of when placing the orders!

I am not happy--this is not acceptable by any stretch of the imagination. Are you going to contact those of us who have pending 2x orders so we can change to 3x if necessary?

• image zipper
    67 weeks ago
    reginalh said: So in other words, the five shirts I'm waiting on are going to come in a size that won't fit & that I was unaware of when placing the orders!

I am not happy--this is not acceptable by any stretch of the imagination. Are you going to contact those of us who have pending 2x orders so we can change to 3x if necessary?

Please email [email protected], we're doing our best to correct these sizing issues when possible.
    67 weeks ago
    I haven't received an email about the new sizing and I've ordered them in the past. I had gotten a 2x in the eevee spectrum and thought it fit just a little better but then I got the waiting for the bus same size and thought it fit perfect. I guess I'll see what it's like when I get my hermione one soon. Thanks for adding these sizes it's well worth it to me to spend more money on these tshirts I love and have them fit nicer and be more comfortable now.
    66 weeks ago
    Another shirt arrived today, in the new 2x--AND IT DOESN'T FIT.

If I can't replace it with one that does, I'll be damned if I buy from you all again, & given how much $$$ I've dropped here the past few months, that's saying a lot.
    66 weeks ago
    I've had 2 2xl shirts in the old size which were AWESOME fits.

My husband ordered one for me on March 18 (well before we were notified of the sizing changes) which is as wide as the new 2xl and the same length as the medium.
    66 weeks ago
    it would help to clarify that...
    Teevil said:
    stef1533 said: it would be helpful to show the old size chart to compare with what we already have.

The only changes are to 2XL (previous purchasers are getting an email about the change) and 3XL (which is new to the site).

Sizing will remain the same for all other women's sizes :)
    66 weeks ago
    Sizing did NOT remain the same for all sizes! I have a "The Triforce is Strong with this One" Medium womens shirt that fits fine and I just got my "Cutie Cthulhu" that is also Medium. The Cutie Cthulhu was bought after the sizing change and it's bust size is DAMNED smaller than the "Triforce stronger" shirt! WTH?!
    66 weeks ago
    There is significant and upsetting difference between the old XL and the new XL which is way too small. :(
    66 weeks ago
    KimsEclectic said: I'm just curious, but why is the 2x shorter than the xl?

^^^^ this.
    66 weeks ago
    Miareeva said: There is significant and upsetting difference between the old XL and the new XL which is way too small. :(

yup!! :(
    66 weeks ago
    So the other sizes are also different? Cause I got my Sherlock and Walking Dead shirts today, both womens large but the Walking Dead one is smaller by almost one inch. Is this just random or is it perhaps because they're different colors? Both fit, but if I buy a large shirt, it should be large and not mediumlarge...
  • Load More Comments