Back to forum
rss 57 weeks ago
I'm experiencing a problem with uploading a design onto your website or server.

Every time I tried to upload my design, it keeps telling me that my filename contains invalid characters. So, I've re-named by design twice and it tells me that it contains invalid characters.

I also noticed in the path name to retrieve my design that it says: "C:\fakepath\..." and I'm wondering if it's that that is screwing with the uploading.

So...helpz plz! hehe :D Thank-you.
8Comments
  • image zipper
    57 weeks ago
    "fakepath" is normal, you can ignore that part :)

Be sure that your file name only uses normal alphabet characters A through Z (no accents or symbols) and try it again, that usually fixes the problem.
    57 weeks ago
    Also no spaces... That seems to cause it as well
    57 weeks ago
    Okay you guys thank-you for the help. :)
    57 weeks ago
    I'm having the exact same problem! My title has no numbers or symbols, just letters. I tried with no caps, no spaces, no caps and no spaces but it keeps saying, "Whoops. Upload filename contains invalid characters." Not sure what to do...
    47 weeks ago
    I am having the same problem as well, what the heck is going on?
  • image zipper
    47 weeks ago
    Cydneykins said: I am having the same problem as well, what the heck is going on?

Please make sure your file name doesn't have any spaces (or non-standard characters) in it. If this does not fix the problem, email [email protected] and we can take a closer look.
    26 weeks ago
    yea, same here! I've followed all the guidelines and there's still a problem.
    26 weeks ago
    Actually, wait! I took away the spaces in the file name and it worked! thanks, all!

=)