Back to forum
rss 59 weeks ago
 photo Concept_zpsd94b89eb.png

I had this idea to make some retro Vault Boys. Any thoughts?
6Comments
    59 weeks ago
    I would say lose that gradient stroke behind them. And add some kind of typography above them. The drawing itself could also be strengthened, some of the anatomy and proportions are a little off.

I don't know anything about Fallout or Vault Boys, but it seems like a cool idea, good luck.
    59 weeks ago
    I think You could change up the colors to more of a vaultboy green?
    59 weeks ago
    I think the anatomy and proportions of the characters are mostly good - considering they're Vault Boy style. However, I think they could be a bit more dynamic (sorry if that sounds sort of vague and waffley).

A quick google search turns up Vault Boy in a number of different poses and stances:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/chriskankle/vaultboyjam2.jpg

Link in particular could benefit from some slight changes. In that link (website, not ninty character) there are a couple of images of Vault Boy standing straight on at the camera - and his legs are a bit different. The curvature of those legs (along with some changes to his torso shape) should make the design much stronger, by my reckoning.

Also I'd drop the gradient stroke, it doesn't really add much to the design.

Also also, I count 9 colours - were you planning on using half tones?

Sorry if that's a bit relentless and preachy, but I think this is a decent idea and with polish, I guess it could be a possible print.
    59 weeks ago
    It's a four color design, the pallet is on the picture above.
    59 weeks ago
    Big_Ordeal said: It's a four color design, the pallet is on the picture above.

Are you sure that design can be produced with just those 4 colors? Because there are definitely more than 4 colors in the design.
    59 weeks ago
    Yes there are four colors. The blue is created by a transparency halftone of white. There's no actual blue in the design save for the dark blue of the shirt color. The brown is created through orange and yellow being mixed together with halftones and having halftoned transparency to the background as well. This design is definitely four colors. Red Green Yellow and White.