Back to forum
rss 75 weeks ago
Hey guys, I'm making Wonka candy ad shirts. I already have a Veruca one on RedBubble. Here's my Mike Teavee one:

I added a plastic cap to the pistol in case a child with a gun was a problem. Do you think the pistol is still a problem? How about the reference to alcohol? In the movie they said, "Butterscotch. Buttergin." "Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker."

The terms of agreement don't say anything on the matter, but just making sure because I don't recall any children in TeeFury's weapon and alcohol designs.
4Comments
    75 weeks ago
    Looking in the gallery, I found this Breaking Bad design which has 2 children carrying guns: http://www.teefury.com/archive/1810/Walt_and_the_Bad_Breakers/

I don't watch the show, but I think those 2 characters are suppose to be adults. So I still wonder if Mike Teavee can hold a gun for a shirt design.
    75 weeks ago
    but it's a known part of his character I don't think It'll be an issue.

personally don't get why butterscotch and buttergin are there seem to not fit in with the design...
    75 weeks ago
    RiteGuyShirt said: but it's a known part of his character I don't think It'll be an issue.

personally don't get why butterscotch and buttergin are there seem to not fit in with the design...

That's why I'm hoping to keep the pistol.

Butterscotch and buttergin are the licorice flavors. I tried to match the length of words, but maybe I can have "Butterscotch and" on the left and "Buttergin flavor" on the other end. Otherwise I'd try "rootbeer flavor" or just remove the flavor names. Initially I added them because the Veruca design had larger shapes in the arc.
    75 weeks ago
    razubi said:
    RiteGuyShirt said: but it's a known part of his character I don't think It'll be an issue.

That's why I'm hoping to keep the pistol.

Butterscotch and buttergin are the licorice flavors. I tried to match the length of words, but maybe I can have "Butterscotch and" on the left and "Buttergin flavor" on the other end. Otherwise I'd try "rootbeer flavor" or just remove the flavor names. Initially I added them because the Veruca design had larger shapes in the arc.

I forgot to mention another reason for the flavors: Guns aren't the only thing Mike sees cowboys use. But people have to read them as flavors.