Back to forum
rss 63 weeks ago
What does everybody think about a possible voting method on tee's so the truly amazing Designs don't get possibly over looked and also to ensure a popular shirt chosen by the people and employees at teefury on a day to day basis that's fair to not only the designer but to anyone wanting a very good shirt printed. Has this idea already been brought up and what's it going to take to make it happen?
Comments and suggestions?
7Comments
    63 weeks ago
    all welcome
    63 weeks ago
    Another site does that, and honestly it's annoying.

Teefury's facebook page has a lot of "want to see it printed" posts.

63 weeks ago
    @RiteGuyShirt i agree it can be. But if its done correctly and organized like D.B.H then it would work out great
    63 weeks ago
    I'm not sure on this, as I think the votes system is intrinsically weighed in favour of those with large followings on Facebook and other social sites. If someone with a following of 10,000 people on facebook flags up that a new design is up for voting, there's a lot of people who may go off and vote for it and may well ignore other designs.

Granted, those who get large groups of people following them & designs printed because they are talented are more likely to get prints in the future - and it does seem to work out that way on teefury anyway - but it feels like introducing a votes system might be another barrier for those without large groups of people following them (speaks the person with a fairly small group of people following him!).

I've also noticed that many sites with voting systems end up with a large number of designs from the same fandoms as the most popular. One of the things I love about teefury is the fact they have a variety of designs from various areas, and you never really know what might crop up.
    63 weeks ago
    I agree, I do Stand Up and most contests(which sadly need to be won to get recognition) start off with 2 sometime 3 rounds of audience applause votes, which means even if you made them laugh the most at the end they just applaud their buddies. Heck that's half the reason comedy went from "potential career" to "Hobby"

Yes there are favorite artists on Teefury however they've earned their spots. Plus Teefury has a pretty decent collection of new artists quite often.

As for fandoms Who gets a good amount of love yes but only like 5 or 6 shirts a month percentagewise that seems high but really that mean usually 25 shirts of other fandoms.

Teefury also prints original artwork every now and then. Out of the various teeshirt sites around Teefury is the best.

Hoping to get printed someday will have to keep working...
    63 weeks ago
    I haven't submitted to sites with voting because I don't have enough of a following outside of friends yet. Voting makes me feel I'll get overlooked.
    62 weeks ago
    @the50ftsnail i see what your saying about the popular possibly dominating votes. but not necessarily means that they will LOVE that design. this could be just me but on sites with a voting method you tend to look at more and more designs and vote on them also. which could help an artist with a lesser fan base?