Back to forum
rss 261 weeks ago
I would like to design a tee and was wondering what Art programs you mac users have to design with. I have a program called Seashore that uses GIMP, but it isnt too great for what i want to do. Any suggestions?

Also if you would like to see some of my work, check it out here:
http://pung0.blogspot.com/

[I'm experimenting with different mediums, still growing as an artist.]

Any Help or comments would be great, Thanks.
5Comments
    261 weeks ago
    I have a mac and use Adobe CS3. I love them both :)
    I started out with pencil/paper and then scanned and converted into digital files. Now I also use a wacom pad (I have the smallest one, these are pricey!).

You've got some interesting work on your page. Some of those look like they are very detailed (Maori Tattoos); you should add larger pictures!
    261 weeks ago
    Your work would translate nicely as vector-based shapes. I've a similar process as Olechka; though a lot of the open source software is excellent, Adobe is the industry standard and worth every dime. They offer trial versions on their website if you want to play around with the tools before committing to the product.

Photoshop is more popular with artists starting out because of it's free style quality. It behaves very much like a traditional illustrator's canvas on crack. I'm a personal fan of Illustrator, which is vector-based. Take a look around and see what fits. Hope this helps.
    260 weeks ago
    I'm looking for suggestions in this department too.

The computer that I previously did all of my artwork on died, leaving me with the choice of either heading to campus and using Library computers with Photoshop, or finding something to run on my outdated Ubuntu box.

I've never really been able to get into gimp. Any suggestions?
    260 weeks ago
    I'm not too familiar with the gnu software, but a friend of mine is a linux guy and he's been playing around with Inkscape. May be worth trying out...?
    260 weeks ago
    Thanks. I'll give it a try when I get a chance.