Back to forum
rss 63 weeks ago
 photo IronChef_zpsb7b22aed.png

Obviously need to tighten the colors Also want to fix the hand....

14Comments
    63 weeks ago
    photo IronChef_zps196b7ec6.png

still workig... slow going but the hand is getting much better and the lettering. Basically going pixel by pixel sooo... jumping around a lot.
    63 weeks ago
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/jimmyjames45/Untitled-1_zpscf2c7e46.jpg

Here was my quick attempt
    63 weeks ago
    photo Untitled-1_zpscf2c7e46.jpg
    63 weeks ago
    It was quick, and i didnt have my tablet on me, so its not the best, but ya its the basic trace of iron man from iron man 1
    63 weeks ago
    Yeah I tried not tracing Iron man but making an Adaptation

can really see the improvements in the face

I'm even trying to use halftones or at least a version of them...

photo IronChef_zps4e23e9fe.png
    63 weeks ago
    The face does look better, more clean.

Here's mine, my friend said it'd look better like this.

photo IronChef_zps8470fb82.jpg
    63 weeks ago
    I seewhat you're going for but my concept is adapting Hiroyuki Sakai into Iron Chef

The issue with yours is frankly... It's just a copyrighted character with a hat and mustache photoshopped on. I appreciate the feedback it's just too close to the original for me to really get behind.
    63 weeks ago
    Yeah i know what you mean, its just what I think it should look like. Just trying to give a general idea for you.

Cause the position your character is in right now looks quite awkward. The arm which is pointed forward doesn't have depth to it, and should probably be layered if you want to show that its the full arm and not just a stub. The picture you are using is probably hand drawn right? and then scanned and put into a photo editing software, then I assume you used a typical magic brush tool to fill in the color, this usually leaves little speckles like I see in your work, I think its good to have a hand drawn thing to start off with, but build upon it, with different layers. That also makes it easier to put the entire piece together. With all that said, that's just my input. Good luck to you.
    Alsoooo, color select tool is good to use, if you are using a scanned photo. At least I use it a lot. Just to get the frame of my picture down digitally.
    63 weeks ago
    Yeah I understand the point about the pose I've been trying to figure it out. I haven't started on layers And I'm not using brush tool I'm using pencil I'm literally fixing this thing pixel by pixel lol.

I do appreciate the feedback, just had a rough day taking it out on internet people. That's not fair I apologize.
    63 weeks ago
    You're using pencil? Dang that must be a pain.
    What program are you using?
    It's cool haha, I was just trying to help.
    63 weeks ago
    I just downloaded gimp. I have no idea how to use it....soooo....

I'm fixing this in paint then transferring it it over to seprate into layers(I figured out how to do that at least.)

As for pencil, I'm not an artist by trade so I don't have to pump out pieces quickly so I toss some Fraiser on Netflix and pick a spot and start going. It's kind of cathartic.
    62 weeks ago
    Actually just realised you were suggesting a layout not an actual design... My brain works once in a while I actually like that layout. Still fixing the colors but what do you think for now?

photo IronChefversiontwo_zps99a97db0.png
    62 weeks ago
    Haha yeah, I like the circle thing better, makes it all look more organized. The letters are a lot better. So i think its looking better haha.
    61 weeks ago
    photo IronChefversiontwo_zpsb330d00f.png

Completed version, changed face to look more like Sakai