Back to forum
rss 78 weeks ago
I am trying to create a new design based off a Wii U game ZombiU.

I am making a play off the word ZombiU as a university type of t-shirt. I have created this design and I am using a maroon background for testing. The 1986 is in regards to the first Zombi game made by Ubisoft in 1986.

Please, any ideas or critiques are appreciated:

11Comments
    78 weeks ago
    It's ok. for somereason the U imposed on the controller keeps drawing my eye in a negative way...

like the controller makes it too busy.

Personally I'd like the weapons crossed and woven with the U(the back of weapons behind the U the front of the weapons over it give it a bit of depth. And put the date on the banner(THough I love the reason behind the year!)
    78 weeks ago
    The style of the two weapons doesn't match at all. Is the crossbow clip art? Also, you should put a stroke around the letters to help with readability. Shirt color would do. And apply distressing to the whole thing, not just the letters. It looks disjointed as is.
    78 weeks ago
    I think its a great idea, but I have to agree with RiteGuyShirt that the controller behind the U clashes. My eye catches on it and won't leave (maybe the x of the British flag in the center of what's already the focal point is what's doing it; try off-centering it). Also, keep everything either distressed or clear (I like the distressed look better). Maroon is perfect for a university shirt! A few edits and you're there!
    78 weeks ago
    Awesome guys. This is great ideas. I did think twice about the GamePad. Decided to put it in. Layers make it easy to drop out. I will upload an update soon.
    78 weeks ago
    Awesome guys. This is great ideas. I did think twice about the GamePad. Decided to put it in. Layers make it easy to drop out. I will upload an update soon.
    78 weeks ago
    78 weeks ago
    I'm actually thinking of leaving the crossbow out altogether as the main weapon in the game is a cricket bat. What the hell...triple post...
    77 weeks ago
    Where I work we've done a lot of Vintage/Varsity style graphics and it took me a while to get the "rules" of it.

I think you should simplify first, maybe start with just 1 color and work on your layout. Worry about the colors after you have a good base design.

I draw shapes a lot when doing varsity, arches, rectanges, circles and banners where I'm going to put text and images or letters. Layout is a really big part, I suggest doing a google search for College Sports shirts or looking at layouts from older things for inspiration, old matchbooks have some really cool layouts.

You might also consider doing a "Z" and "U" intertwined in the center like some schools have? Usually there wouldn't be images on the banners, but text... maybe put the "EST." on one side and "86" on the other, or put that on the banner and the weapons on either side.

Just some ideas!
    77 weeks ago
    Update:

ZombiU_01-21-13.png
    77 weeks ago
    I like this one much better
    76 weeks ago
    I have to clean up the cricket bat