Back to forum
rss 64 weeks ago
Hello,

I've been an avid user of TeeFury for a couple of years now (as well as similar sites), but the lack of Fringe-inspired shirts prompted me to make my first thread, as well as my second attempt at a design. Now, it's obviously not finished yet and has too many colors, but I wanted to put a feeler out there, to see if there's any interest in such a shirt. I haven't decided on a shirt color yet (I'm thinking dark grey), but here goes:

For those unaware, the drawing is based on René Magritte's painting "The Son of Man". It didn't start out as a Fringe-drawing, so it probably seems a bit out of place for September to have his right hand in his pocket - that'll be fixed later.

So, what do you think? Any critique is welcome!

/dicktaid
7Comments
    64 weeks ago
    It's very well done but I don't watch fringe so I'm probably not getting it fully... are those cells dividing? Like I said don't watch the show... VEry good artwork though
    64 weeks ago
    The apple with the embryos is one of the glyphs shown throughout each episode of Fringe.

Also: thanks.
    62 weeks ago
    Anyone else?
    62 weeks ago
    I figured making some non-intrusive city line of New York or Boston in the background. Some thin line art in black or white (depending on shirt color).
    62 weeks ago
    I love fringe and submitted a design an hour after the season finale but I haven't heard anything back also.

I'm not one for cartoonish things but it's very well done for the style. Do you have an idea? A concept behind it or just wanted to use Fringe elements?

I'll be honest, I typed an entire response that I just deleted because I scrolled up to look and didn't even notice that the eyes were the apple, I thought Michael was just cracked out haha.

62 weeks ago
    DoomWriters said: I love fringe and submitted a design an hour after the season finale but I haven't heard anything back also.

I'm not one for cartoonish things but it's very well done for the style. Do you have an idea? A concept behind it or just wanted to use Fringe elements?

I'll be honest, I typed an entire response that I just deleted because I scrolled up to look and didn't even notice that the eyes were the apple, I thought Michael was just cracked out haha.

And then I went and forgot my thread entirely. It could be made less cartoonish; I'm trying to go for the painting look of the original, but as I've stated earlier, I'm not done coloring it yet. The colors are still only placeholders to give the basic idea.

As for the concept, I thought Magritte's description of his painting fits my thoughts as well: As September is a fairly mysterious character throughout the series, we never truly know what hides behind his outer surface, what his motivations are and so on - his agenda is hidden. At least until the series finale.

Those were my thoughts, but perhaps they're too obscure, as there's not much backing behind my idea. I think I'll just 'throw it to the ground', as one could say, and focus on other ideas.

I don't get what you're talking about with 'Michael'. Is it the actor playing September, whose real name is Michael, or is it the 'child observer' named Michael on the show?
    62 weeks ago
    Yah at first glance it gives a mangaesque look but then you click right away ``Son of man`` by Rene Magritte played off on the apple fetus glyph in fringe well played sir or mam