Back to forum
rss 65 weeks ago
When scan a drawing into the computer the pixels are all varying shades of black and grey does each one count as a different color? Do I have to fix each one?
8Comments
    64 weeks ago
    I had that problem too. The best thing I found is use Photoshop or Gimp and import your image. Then, create a layer on top to trace your lines. It's maybe not the best solution, but it helps ;)
    64 weeks ago
    I use Paint lol can't afford those nice programs Starting to work with a bamboo Epad thingy. That helps. just have to get used to it.

I like that idea though maybe in the future I'll be able to do it! :)
    64 weeks ago
    You can also download Adobe programs for 30 days on a trial basis, so that's cool. It can be challenging at first though, just a heads up!
    60 weeks ago
    Dude. You gotta get gimp if you haven't already. It's free and you'll be able to do so much more. You can limit your color palette to ensure only five or six colors are in the piece.

I have been players with it for about a month. Search gimp in the forums for more info.

Also. Inks cape is a free download. It's like illustrator. I don't know how to work with vectors yet but I do know you can open up your work in Inkscape. Hit a couple buttons and it comes out looking very clean without the jagged edges
    60 weeks ago
    I just got gimp about a week or two ago it's amazing! I'm so computer iliterate I'm still working on figuring it out but I'm getting there!
    58 weeks ago
    awesome dude

i just learned this but maybe it might help you. when you are using the pencil or brush tool, click the fade option off (so it doesn't turn into different colors towards the edge of the line((i guess to add depth but we need it off to adhere to the color restrictions) ) also the antialiasing. turn it off to get less fade out

keep playing with it and try not to get discouraged (as I do, quite often)
    RiteGuyShirt said: I just got gimp about a week or two ago it's amazing! I'm so computer iliterate I'm still working on figuring it out but I'm getting there!
    58 weeks ago
    Thanks for those tips! Now if I can get my drawing skills up to par we might be on to something lol.
    52 weeks ago
    So using gimp, you can use threshold under colors to limit the colors to just black and white.