Back to forum
rss 70 weeks ago
Hey everyone, I'm working on getting a design I made down to the 6 color
limitation. So i've had to change alot, and i'm unsure about it.

Any feedback (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated.

P.S: Sorry but I don't know how to attach pictures to post yet.

http://s786.beta.photobucket.com/user/S-y-m-p-h-o-n-y/media/Teefuryshirt.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0
15Comments
    70 weeks ago
    if you copy and paste the html code. it should embed itself automatically. sometimes take a few go's but should work
    70 weeks ago
    ty, i'll give it a try, didn't know how to edit the original post.

Santa vs The Grinch
    70 weeks ago
    i like the idea but theres something not right... not to sure what but just looks like its missing something...
    and as for editing the post you can only edit the original post for 15 minutes after posting and you can't edit replies at all
    70 weeks ago
    O ok thx, cause I do remember seeing edit post when i first created it, but then i couldn't find it. Thought i was trippin

Maybe it's the lack of environment ,but not sure how to make one with the color limitations.
    70 weeks ago
    maybe make it snowy... you are already using white and black.
    also some people use halftones to get 'different' colours or use the shirt colour as a colour from the design therfore giving them 7 colours but they still only use 6 when printing, for example if you were to have a red t-shirt then you could add an extra colour to your design as the red bits don't get printed.
    (if any of that even makes any sence)
    70 weeks ago
    Yeah, I see what you mean. I could use the shirt color to double as part of the artwork. Thanks for all your help btw king. I'll post a updated version soon as it's done to see what you think.
    70 weeks ago
    Probably a (very) small thing, but shouldn't the grinch's saber be behind santa's? Also santa's legs look much larger than his upper body. The grinch could do with a bit more fuzzy detail too I think.

Nice idea though, just some small bits which could be ironed out...
    70 weeks ago
    I suppose a argument could be made for the grinch's saber being behind. In my head grinch was forcing santa's sabe back.

I agree I could slim down santa's thigh just a bit, and try to add some fuzz to grinch.

Thx snail
    70 weeks ago
    Yeah sorry, that was a particularly pernickety thing to lead with...
    70 weeks ago
    Not a problem, I appreciate the feedback. I'm working on trying to get a snowy environment

Photobucket

Still needs some cleaning up
    70 weeks ago
    looks alot better with the snow and stuff on but i would say if you make the snow flakes a little smaller as they look a little out of proportion
    70 weeks ago
    Yeah, i'm still working on getting the flakes proportions and quantity right. It's a pretty tedious.
    70 weeks ago
    Tried to give the grinch some "fuzz" on his legs and make the flakes better.

Photobucket
    70 weeks ago
    i think if you make the edges a bit more raggedy rather than neat and take a few of the lines off it may look a bit more fluffy.
    as for the snowflakes i think that the solid ones need to be smaller as they draw all the attention away from the scene but looking a better
    70 weeks ago
    Hey, I made a few more small little changes and went ahead and submitted it. Otherwise i feel like I would have just kept changing it. Thanks for all the feedback king and snail.