Back to forum
rss 77 weeks ago

Just submitted my first design to the website and really keeping my fingers crossed that it gets accepted! I put in a lot of time and effort into it, and I do hope it shows in the piece itself. I decided to share it with you guys and gals here on the forum as well, just in case it never sees the light of print! teehee! :-)

I hope one of our curators likes it! I'd really like to start being more active as an artist rather than just a buyer on TeeFury! :-)

Hugs <3
G.B
16Comments
    77 weeks ago
    nice design. although personally i'm not a big fan of iron man or astro boy. you can tell them both very clearly. nice work good luck :)
    77 weeks ago
    kingbilly said: nice design. although personally i'm not a big fan of iron man or astro boy. you can tell them both very clearly. nice work good luck :)

Thank you! :>
    77 weeks ago
    Hi GillesBone- This is amazing! I love Iron man, and know of Astro boy- this is brilliantly done, your shading work is incredible! I'd love this on a tee, I hope you've submitted this? The only advice i would give, (and this is really nitpicking because I feel like I have to say something other than superlatives), is his eyes look a little off. Maybe it's typical Astro boy and I've never known, but his eyes just look a little bit strangely shaped and the emotion maybe isnt quite there in them? Not entirely sure if that makes sense, sorry. But my crazy ass explainations aside, I'd really like to see this printed. Like now. Good luck my friend. :) ~G
    77 weeks ago
    nurse_why said: Hi GillesBone- This is amazing! I love Iron man, and know of Astro boy- this is brilliantly done, your shading work is incredible! I'd love this on a tee, I hope you've submitted this? The only advice i would give, (and this is really nitpicking because I feel like I have to say something other than superlatives), is his eyes look a little off. Maybe it's typical Astro boy and I've never known, but his eyes just look a little bit strangely shaped and the emotion maybe isnt quite there in them? Not entirely sure if that makes sense, sorry. But my crazy ass explainations aside, I'd really like to see this printed. Like now. Good luck my friend. :) ~G

Thanks so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it! Such a wonderful comment only motivates me into trying harder and harder into making better designs.

When it comes to the eyes, I think I got caught a bit off guard when I realised that the blue I had added on the outer edge of the eye, while badass, had made me skip the 6 color limit, even though I am still not sure how that works.

In the picture I have 2 shades of red, 2 shades of yellow, black and white. I assumed that that is the limit.

With the outer rim of the eye being blue, the expression looked a lot more menacing.

As for the shape of the eye itself, one being slightly more oval than the other, that was actually on purpose and referenced from one of Astro's expressions, but I can see how it could look off as well! >.
    Thanks once again for your message!
    77 weeks ago
    Great job! The way the color limit works is the shirt color + 6 ink colors. As far I can see, you only have used five ink colors; black, white, yellow, gold, and red. The dark red is the shirt color, so you still have another color to use if you wanted to get the blue in those eyes.
    77 weeks ago
    NinjaStart said: Great job! The way the color limit works is the shirt color + 6 ink colors. As far I can see, you only have used five ink colors; black, white, yellow, gold, and red. The dark red is the shirt color, so you still have another color to use if you wanted to get the blue in those eyes.

Oh I see! Thanks so much for clearing that out for me NinjaStart! I couldn't for the life of me find anything about it on the forum. >.
    77 weeks ago
    This looks great, I would definitely buy this.
    76 weeks ago
    ojrtega said: This looks great, I would definitely buy this.

Thanks so much ojrtega! :D
    64 weeks ago
    I'm sad that I haven't seen this printed yet :(
    64 weeks ago
    I haven't had much luck with any of my designs. I must have posted 10 or so and no replies yet, but keeping my fingers crossed!
    64 weeks ago
    keep trying I've got at least 25 in no hits. Yours though is stronger than mine. Warbucks is another artist always submitting no hits yet he's great too. Competition is fierce here I hear they get about 1200 submissions a month.

64 weeks ago
    I heard from other artists who have been printed that even submitting the same artwork more than once (3 times in some cases) gets you noticed more here, but I don't think one should stoop to being ridiculously annoying in order to get some sort of feedback.

My designs where sold on other sites and did quite well thanks goodness, so just hoping that the teefury team sees my potential like others have and give me a shot sometime, who knows. :)

In the meantime working on more and more designs every day. :)
    64 weeks ago
    Was this design on another site?!?
    I really want this one haha
    63 weeks ago
    It was the week before Christmas week actually :)
    63 weeks ago
    This thread caught my eye because I have an Iron Man related design I'm working on, too.

Great mash-up. The artwork is very strong. I'd suggest looking at some original Tezuka artwork for ideas to improve the background and use of texture/patterns.

The decorative elements are done well, but the outlines on the logo and circle could be thicker. Having the same line weights used on the buildings, circle, and logo flatten the design.

Good luck with your submission.
    63 weeks ago
    blackhand said: This thread caught my eye because I have an Iron Man related design I'm working on, too.

Great mash-up. The artwork is very strong. I'd suggest looking at some original Tezuka artwork for ideas to improve the background and use of texture/patterns.

The decorative elements are done well, but the outlines on the logo and circle could be thicker. Having the same line weights used on the buildings, circle, and logo flatten the design.

Good luck with your submission.

The background is actually inspired from an original Ironman design, as I didn't like the structures in Tezuka's work for Astro Boy.

I'm also very happy to say that this design did very well on the sites that was printed, so I am not looking into editing this particular one.

Thanks anyway for your suggestions though Blackhand and best of luck with your design as well. :)