Back to forum
rss 263 weeks ago
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jemaleddin/3371349014/

is this true?
79Comments
    263 weeks ago
    ha, wow, i totally didn't do those links right...anyhoo, just copy and paste :)
    263 weeks ago
    wow, so those shirts have the teefury tag on them? I hope that the artist makes a lot of $$ form those...
    263 weeks ago
    Omnibus tee: here

263 weeks ago
    is this another one???
    263 weeks ago
    Oh, so how much did TeeFury sell the Omnibus design for that all the artists donated their time and effort to?
    263 weeks ago
    this looks like Jimi's design.
    263 weeks ago
    That's crazy. I didn't expect to see a design like Omnibus there :o.
    263 weeks ago
    does Tee Fury own these designs? I thought the rights reverted to the artists.

www.nowandzen.com/
    263 weeks ago
    i was considering submitting some smurf here at TeeFury but smurf if it's just a front for DBH and Target.

please explain this.
    263 weeks ago
    As far as i remember,i got a mail...quite a while ago..
    basically, if you choose, you can sell your design, if chosen by teefury and target, in their shops. For royalties.
    That is if i remember correctly. Still, i am sure the artists get paid for this too.
    263 weeks ago
    You all are assuming the artists are unaware of these sales.

If anything, this is cool news. There's chance to pick up old shirts that you may have missed.
    263 weeks ago
    started a thread at emptees. I hate that place.

http://emptees.com/posts/16581-tee-fury-dbh-target

like is said there i'm sure its on teh up and up. I just wannt some transparency. I thought tee fury was the little guy and come to find out that its basically DBH and dbh is some duche rich guy getting richer.
    263 weeks ago
    Hi everyone. That is correct - a while back a company called Now and Zen contacted us here at TeeFury explaining that they have relationships with the Target buyers and that they wanted to approach Target with some of the designs previously sold at TeeFury.

They let us know which designs they were interested in showing to Target, and we then contacted the artists to see if they were interested. We explained that Target will first do a "test" of the designs they are interested in and if the test went well, there could potentially be a large volume buy.

With the margins and pricing required by a retailer such as Target, we were able to offer a $0.10 per shirt sold royalty to the artists.

Target ended up selecting 8 designs to test in their stores and online at target.com. Each test was 180 shirts per design.

So...what you are all seeing now are the shirts Target bought for the test orders.
    263 weeks ago
    Not crazy about Artus Gigantis being sold since that was volunteered artwork for something fun, but I won't loose sleep over it.
    263 weeks ago
    yeah, Layne emailed people a while ago. I'm pretty stoked to have a shirt up for sale at Target - even if I don't make money from it.
    263 weeks ago
    sasquatch you are a 'duche'
    263 weeks ago
    A "duche?"
    263 weeks ago
    Only 180 of each design? Which cities are they being sold at (beside online)? I may have to make a trip to Target to check them out :)
    263 weeks ago
    sorry dudes i was just messin with sasquatch today . kinda prankin' abit . Id like to make it as a designer someday and think teefury is awesum and hope to submit something awesum. but i dont like dbh personally for the reasons i stated. Im more of a anothersite fan and feel they copied too much.

still dont know if teefury is independnet. i hope it is! im not good at the blogusphere. sorry jumpy.
    263 weeks ago
    is this another one???

Whats worse, that design (the tombstone outlaw one) is ON SALE AT LOITER

This smurf is not going to end well.
    262 weeks ago
    Whats worse, that design (the tombstone outlaw one) is ON SALE AT LOITER

This smurf is not going to end well.

that's not true - it's similar, but it's not the same cowboy. It was a part of a series.
    262 weeks ago
    This is VERY upsetting and disappointing. What happened to "24 hours only, limited edition t-shirts."? What happened to "tee today. gone tomorrow."? What happened to being an independent website that only sells stuff online to their loyal customers/fans? What happened to being about the art and the artists?

Not cool in my book Tee Fury. TF is easily my favorite place online to buy tees, but you just lost some of my respect.

Target? really...?
    262 weeks ago
    and 10 cents per shirt? SWEET!

the thing that pisses me off the most is that "furyous omnibus" is one of the designs you're selling at target. All 70 artists agreed to that? are they getting even less than 10 cents/shirt since there are 70 artists to pay for 1 shirt sale?
    262 weeks ago
    "What happened to "24 hours only, limited edition t-shirts."? What happened to "tee today. gone tomorrow."?"

Um, after the 24 hours the artists gets the rights back, if they want to let target print the design then they can, this isn't betraying anybody...

I don't see the big deal here, if it takes off it could mean a fair bit of income for some of the artists here, income they could use to start up their own indie tshirt brand. I think this is a great opportunity.

• Load More Comments