Back to forum
rss 96 weeks ago
I've been trying for a while to get a number of shirts up on another site, and then I found TeeFury. I'm now waiting anxiously for a response (it's been 15 minutes, why haven't I heard anything yet? ;) ). Here's a couple of my sci-fi submissions. What do you think?

Why Dr. Who Rules

No Hope
24Comments
    96 weeks ago
    the dr who rules one looks like its a bit to big. if you had a couple just i think it would look better. thats just my opinion. but nice.
    as for the 'no hope' one i have no idea what it is... nice design though
    96 weeks ago
    Thanks! I guess you have to be a trekky to recognize the borg.
    96 weeks ago
    i'm not really into sci-fi as such but i do love dr. who. haha
    96 weeks ago
    I love this design, but I agree with the Dr. Who design being a bit too large for a t-shirt. Taking out one or two of the ships would probably make it more concise. People always comment on my teefury shirts, and the designs are usually pretty recognizeable to fans of the tshirt topics. There are a few different references in this design, so unless someone is just staring at your chest, they're not going to get it all at once.
    I love the time given for the Millennium Falcon. :)
    I get the reference for the No Hope design, but I don't make the connection between the phrase and the picture.
    96 weeks ago
    Yeah, the borg design has become a bit too dated. It's a direct reference to Obama's Hope poster.
    96 weeks ago
    would there be a way of reduceing the space without getting rid of any on the dr who one? like having one on one side of the line then the next on the other side of the line or in a circle or something else...
    96 weeks ago
    The t-shirt was originally designed to be the full length of the shirt. I'm trying to come up with a more compact version. I'd like to keep all of the ships.
    96 weeks ago
    You could always rotate it and do it horizontal, or you could alternate the ships on either side of the scale.
    date | ship
    ship | date
    date | ship
    and repeat. that could save quite a bit of room
    95 weeks ago
    Actually, looking at the submission specs, the image has to fit in a 15 inch x 19 inch section. My design fits fine in that area. Is there something I'm missing?
    94 weeks ago
    Hi TCarver- love the designs, especially the Who one, very clever. I would say maybe put a little more detail into some of the crafts, just to make it a little more obvious to the less hardcore sci-fi-ers. Like maybe doing what you did with picking out the TARDIS's windows on the others? Also maybe to save room (Im not entirely sure if you're missing something or not) you could bring out some of the timelines. (Not sure if im explaining that very well, hang on)
    like this:
    Date----ship
    Date2----------------ship
    Date 3--ship
    Date 4---------------ship
    Just an idea, but I really do love these designs, great work! ~G
    94 weeks ago
    Thanks for the feedback nurse_why. Any relationship to dr. who? ;)
    94 weeks ago
    the size for submission is so it's easier for them to look at apparently but it is not the full size one useually. if the design you have posted is what size it would be it wouldn't be to bad but just seems a little to close together. maybe if it was a little bigger with a bit of a bigger gap between the ships it would look little bit beter
    94 weeks ago
    really likin the first one bloke.....the trekkie on not so much...but then...always thought ST was kinda campy anyway..

Waiting for the time line one to come out....maybe in Flaming Flamingo pink....lol...nah...just messing with ya....any colour would be good...Fluro green/yellow mebbe!!
    94 weeks ago
    Ooo, I like the flourescent idea on a black shirt. May have to give that a try.
    94 weeks ago
    2nd one I got immediately. No problem. "Change is Futile" could be an alternate test. (Like Obama's slogan "Change is Coming.")

1st one, I guess I don't inherently "get" it. And/or certainly wouldn't be able to explain it in under 5 seconds to a non-Whovian, non-trekker, non-Jedi...

And what's the 1967 one supposed to be? To me it's not all that identifiable and I'd think that the shuttle would be more than sufficient to summarize that part of the timeline. I assume both are part of the "US space programme?" As such, you probably only need one or the other entry there & the shuttle is more immediately recognizable, be it Challenger or which ever...?

On could almost have the line running down the middle and ships on either side of it alternating (with timeline text underneath?)? Don't know if it would be more compact that way, or not? Or you could have the text opposite the pictures and thus in between the prior and subsequent images (on the side of the line opposite the corresponding ship)?

& I'm guessing the joke is that the TARDIS has been to both ends of the time continuum or has (to some degree) been around throughout history and the others areall just flashes in the pan? Dunno.

Guess it also seems weird to mix "real" spacecraft with "imagined" spacecraft... Aren't there any other "imagined" craft that might be added and the "real" ones taken out?

Prometheus / Daedalus (SG, present-ish day?)
    Serenity (FF, nearish future)?
    Moya (FS, Near-to-Mid future)
    Nostromo / Sulaco (Alien/Aliens, mid-future)?
    Andromeda (far, far future)?
    94 weeks ago
    Err, alternate text..., not "alternate test"
    94 weeks ago
    Or, Destiny, for SG-U lovers. ;)

Maybe Atlantis for SG-A folks. Though whether that would be millions of years ago or present day, I don't know. Maybe both? Gives Dr. Who a run for his Money? :oP
    94 weeks ago
    Or you could do it as a big almost complete circle (timeline proceeding counterclockwise), with the TARDIS @ top overlaying/breaking the circle & "-infinity" to its left & "+infinity" to its right? Hehe...

That is the one icon (TARDIS) does double duty as both beginning and end without having to duplicate the icon?
    93 weeks ago
    Thanks for all the feedback mgmirkin. You've got some good ideas.
    93 weeks ago
    Oh, 1967 is an apollo rocket.
    93 weeks ago
    Though maybe my circle suggestion would end up too much like this one:

(Time Warp)
    http://www.teefury.com/archive/1476/Time_Warp/

Hadn't seen that before, but was paging back through TeeFury's G+ page & ran across it.

~MG
    93 weeks ago
    TCarver said: Oh, 1967 is an apollo rocket.

Figured it was something like that. I'd be tempted to take out the Apollo (could probably leave in the shuttle) & maybe slot in Serenity / Andromeda (4th & 2nd from last? Or would it be 3rd & 2nd; I forget when FF/Serenity were supposed to be set in the timeline)? If suitable cutouts can be found / made? :)

[-infinity] | [TARDIS]
    [Millennium Falcon] | [A long, long time ago]
    [-148,000] | [BSG]
    [Shuttle? / Challenger?] | [1981 / ?]
    [2001] | [Space Odyssey ship]
    [Moya] | [Present Day]
    [2233] | [NCC-1701]
    [Serenity] | [2517]
    [5161] | [Andromeda Ascendant]
    (http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/misc/andrrtime.htm)
    [+infinity] | [TARDIS]
    93 weeks ago
    Thanks for the comments everyone. The Dr. Who design may be up shortly for purchase on another site (if it passes the copyright lawyer's ok). Is it appropriate to put a link here if it printed?
    93 weeks ago
    Dunno. Gray area... Sometimes the admins get snippy 'bout off-site links, especially to competing tee sites. But, what's the worst they're likely to do? Delete the post & wag a finger? ;)