Back to forum
rss 96 weeks ago
these are only the ideas done on paint as i don't know how to do them on other ones like inkscape or that to get them looking the way i want but would anyone be interested in any of them if i could get someone to do better artwork for them?

1 zombie scarecrow
Photobucket
i thought that the scarecrows would make good zombies. i thought that a think bubble was better that a speach bubble as there mouths are sewn up

2 come along pond
Photobucket
the catchphrase 'come along pond' just makes me think of someone calling/walking a dog

3 babushka who
Photobucket
it's meant to be a babushka/russian doll of the tardis with matt smith, david tennent and christopher eccleston getting slightly smaller

as i said just ideas done in paint to get the general idea down. what do people think?

ooh and i have done it myself
21Comments
    95 weeks ago
    no body have any feedback?
    95 weeks ago
    I actually like the nesting dolls idea, lol "nesting doctors". Maybe like you said, a line of them each one next to the previous doctor. :) good luck.
    95 weeks ago
    thank you :)
    i think that if i can get someone to do the art work for me (as i'm no good unless it's with paint. lol) that it would look a lot better
    93 weeks ago
    I really love the "babushka who" concept! With abit of work, I think you could be on to a winner. Where you planning on doing all off the Doctors? Ps, not bad for just using paint!
    93 weeks ago
    i think that having all of them would take up to much room/clutterd looking. and thanks :)
    i need to find someone who can do them better for me. lol
    93 weeks ago
    i'v been fighting with the idea for a while now but would anyone be able to do the designs for me and i would split the money 50/50 if it gets made. i don't know if that sounds fair or not to others as i don't know how long it would take to do it but if anyone is willing to do it please let me know
    93 weeks ago
    so i take it nobody would do it then...
    93 weeks ago
    I notice not everyone comments much on the forum. I personally like some of your ideas and think they could be good if executed well. I just am working too much on my own stuff at the moment, but good luck, I hope people comment or take you up on your offer. :)
    93 weeks ago
    thanks for the reply :) even if you are busy lol :)
    93 weeks ago
    RebelArt is right, the babushka doll is a pretty awesome idea (again if executed well). However, I think the odds of getting someone to design it for you and split the money 50/50 is unlikely - from what I've read from other people on here regarding time taken for designs, they can easily take 15-20 hours on a design for a relatively low likelihood of success. I know I can often spend that long working on something.

It's all very well coming up with an idea, but doing a good job of it can take a long time - more often than not for absolutely no pay off. That said, I'm not sure what a fair split would be.

In regards to finding someone to design it for you, I'm not sure that this forum would be the best place to find them - I shouldn't think that people around here are particularly short on ideas. However, if you can find a friend who is good at drawing to try it, they might be more inclined to help out and split the money.

I'd offer to do it, but I have a small pile of ideas to work through myself, and I'm not sure I could do it justice...

Just some things to consider, I hope this helps.
    93 weeks ago
    i didn't think that there would be anyone tbh as i know most people are either doing their own stuff or like me don't have the softwere/experience to do it. i just thought i would ask and see.
    my friend had some pictures done profesionally for a book cover but it cost her about £200 for 4 pictures just and i really don't have that sort of money to pay out when i'm not garented that it'll be made...
    93 weeks ago
    the50ftsnail said: RebelArt is right, the babushka doll is a pretty awesome idea (again if executed well). However, I think the odds of getting someone to design it for you and split the money 50/50 is unlikely - from what I've read from other people on here regarding time taken for designs, they can easily take 15-20 hours on a design for a relatively low likelihood of success. I know I can often spend that long working on something.

It's all very well coming up with an idea, but doing a good job of it can take a long time - more often than not for absolutely no pay off. That said, I'm not sure what a fair split would be.

In regards to finding someone to design it for you, I'm not sure that this forum would be the best place to find them - I shouldn't think that people around here are particularly short on ideas. However, if you can find a friend who is good at drawing to try it, they might be more inclined to help out and split the money.

I'd offer to do it, but I have a small pile of ideas to work through myself, and I'm not sure I could do it justice...

Just some things to consider, I hope this helps.

everything that you have said is exactly why i wasn't sure if i should ask or not... but i can't think of anyone who would be able to do it and then wait for money. i would pay them anyway but i haven't got the money to just go heres £...
    93 weeks ago
    Yeah that's the thing, if you could guarantee it, then £200 wouldn't be a lot to pay, but then again, splitting it 50/50 could be quite a decent little earner anyway.

I'd recommend getting a copy of Inkscape - it's free vector software, so even if you're not too handy with a pen and paper, you can still have a go at making something pretty. It certainly allowed me to get something created up to printable quality.
    93 weeks ago
    i have inkscape but i can't use it properly so it is basically just the same as using paint just with a few extras. i tried looking for tutorials on youtube aswell but there were way to many. lol
    93 weeks ago
    Hi kingbilly- Im like you, Im not exactly arty, but I have lots of ideas which I hope could sell. My advice is to try Inkscape and GIMP, both of which are free to get off the internet. It might look daunting, and it's certainly difficult trying to get the hang of them all at once. I really reccommend sticking at it. I feel like now I can do pretty much anything I need in Inkscape, and if your work with Paint is any indication, you could really make some money here. Seriously, stick at it, you have some fantastic ideas and I think you'll surprise yourself if you keep going. If you need any help with Inkscape, let me know and i'll try and help you as best I can. Hope this helps, and I hope someday I can buy that Dr Babushka tee. Best of luck kingbilly.
    93 weeks ago
    Yeah, Inkscape and GIMP can be a little impenetrable to the uninitiated, but they're well worth investing a bit of time in. As nursey (I'm calling you that again - it's going to be a thing) says, you have some decent ideas and if you back them up with a fair bit of practice on those two programs, I'm sure you'll produce something that people will be clamouring for. They're not easy to learn from scratch, but it feels awesome to make something that looks good.
    92 weeks ago
    well i used to spend hours on paint just messing around drawing silly patterns and stuff which is why they aren't to bad (especially for a nights work for all 3) my problem is the getting used to things. i like playing with things to learn but inkscape isn't very playing friendly for someone used to paint and the tutorials that i watched weren't relivent or were at speed so i couldn't see what on earth was going on... do either of you know how to get a face to look more realistic but cartoony at the same time? (similar to the ones from the 'coopers revenge' from yesterday)
    90 weeks ago
    Photobucket

another idea not 100% sure on the wording and colouring what do people think?
    90 weeks ago
    Hi again kingbilly, this is very cool, but maybe change some of the colours around? Like do it all in shades of blue? I dont know, i just KNOW that browney colour reminds me of melted choc icecream, and with the "vanilla" and the red Tardis-cherry, this could be a sundae. :) Everyone loves sundaes, just not may of them have the ability to time/space travel. No offence meant, I just think this could be better- I know you can do it! Was this done on paint again? It looks a better resolution than the others. How are you getting on with Inkscape? Seriously, if I can kind of get it, you will have no problems my friend. Nursey out ;)
    90 weeks ago
    it was done on inkscape and copied over to paint to save it.
    it is meant to look like a jammie dodger. not sure if you know what they look like but if you dont know google them. but i did play around with the colours and they where what looked best so i know what you mean about it
    87 weeks ago
    Photobucket

i did this just after the show aired

Photobucket

again just something i threw together... done on paint if its not obvious

Photobucket

i wanted to do something in the style of 'rennie mackintosh' and was watching 11th hour and thought it would look good. lol