Back to forum
rss 82 weeks ago
I *finally* got around to doing the drawing of McCoy for the inset. What does everyone think? Is this ready to submit?

Here's the latest version:

And here's an alternate version without the label border:

I'm finally happy with this...but does anyone have any suggestions for changes (if needed)?
8Comments
    82 weeks ago
    Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?
    82 weeks ago
    the top one with the outline looks better but i have no idea what it is... :S
    82 weeks ago
    @kingbilly

It's a Star Trek TOS parody. Doctor McCoy was the ship's medical officer. I took that and mashed it with the old 1800s style "snake oil", "magic elixir" and "liniment" type medicine bottle labels.
    82 weeks ago
    i thought it might of been star wars but as i don't watch it i wasn't sure. but yeah i think that the one with the boarder looks more authentic to the elixir and that
    82 weeks ago
    kingbilly said: i thought it might of been star wars but as i don't watch it i wasn't sure. but yeah i think that the one with the boarder looks more authentic to the elixir and that

*trek... i ment star trek
    82 weeks ago
    Hi, I agree, I think that the one with the outline looks better onscreen. However when it comes to going on a tee, it might look a little weird - I've had a couple of designs where people have clamoured for me to take off boxes. I'd say try sticking each of them on a template and see how they look.

I like the design overall - even if I'm not much of a trekkie - but I'd recommend working on Doc's face a little, as it looks a little odd.
    82 weeks ago
    Awesome! I like it with the border. Can't wait to buy it.
    82 weeks ago
    I threw the design onto a shirt template just for giggles. I went ahead and submitted the final design (not on a template) a few minutes ago. It's up to the curators now. *crosses fingers*

TQOwC.png