Back to forum
rss 83 weeks ago
I only recently found this site. Ordered several shirts for my husband and they fit him perfectly. I ordered a couple in a large for myself hoping for a comfy fit. When they arrived I was saddened that they were so very small. I am not by any means a large woman. I wear a size 4 to a 6. But I am not the shape of a pre-pubescent 13 year old boy. So my husband likes how the shirt fit but no way in hell am I wearing these in public because of how tight across the boobs this shirt was...

So the next orders I placed were for XL in women's. No different is size except these were longer - still look like I am spray painted in to the shirts.

So my question is - who on earth are the "women" that can wear these shirts???? You really need to rename the sizes to Junior girls or something because there is no way a real female that has been through puberty can fit the shirts that were sent to me.

So now I guess I have to order the men's size if I want a shirt that won't make me look like a rather geeky hooker.

What size should I really be ordering? Because I am going to have to toss the shirts I got in to the donate bin or give away.

Yes I am rather upset that I just bought several cool shirts that will never see the light of day.
14Comments
    83 weeks ago
    you might be better off emailing the customer services and see if there is anything that they can do the email address is [email protected] can take a few days for them to get it and reply but they were very helpful when i needed to email them
    83 weeks ago
    There have been multiple threads begging TF to carry larger sizes, so far to no avail. We understand how you feel though.

As for your shirts, have you thought altering them to a different kind of shirt or sewing a bag out of it or something?
    82 weeks ago
    I have just emailed them for the very same reason! I bought a large shirt a few months ago, it was loose and I loved the way it fit. I ordered two shirts on two consecutive days (actually, I bought one right at the turnover, so it was more like 20 minutes apart lol), and when I got the first one, I tried it on and realized it was too tight. Then I was really bummed because I knew another shirt was coming in that same size. I emailed them on Thursday, but still haven't heard back yet.
    82 weeks ago
    gee thanks for saying that i am not a real woman and that i havent been through puberty.
    82 weeks ago
    uhura said: gee thanks for saying that i am not a real woman and that i havent been through puberty.

You are making something out of nothing. Please don't be a child.

I agree that the sizes are not perfect. I buy XL shirts which are perfect for me, but I'm 5'4'' and 130 lbs. The largest shirt available in women's sizes should not cater to me.
    82 weeks ago
    I, too, have noticed a tightness up in the top. But, then again, most of the shirts I HAVE been wearing are men's medium (purchased from local comic book store, which orders from Graphiti Designs or whatever's in Previews), so I wouldn't really have a clear perspective I don't think.
    81 weeks ago
    Wiggen said:
    uhura said: gee thanks for saying that i am not a real woman and that i havent been through puberty.

I agree that the sizes are not perfect. I buy XL shirts which are perfect for me, but I'm 5'4'' and 130 lbs. The largest shirt available in women's sizes should not cater to me.

all you really had to do was ignore the comment.
    but really, the customer service is pretty good here. email them about it-multiple times if you have to. there have been a lot of threads with the same or similar complaints. hopefully they will eventually listen to their customers if enough people directly email them. tee fury might think about the fact that so many people (males and females) are proportioned differently and offer more sizes.
    81 weeks ago
    Wiggen said:

Yeah, I just encountered this too. Usually I can pick up an XL off the junior's rack and it fits fine. Size chart on the site says shirt should fit OK. Got it today and I *could* wear it, but it's definitely tight and fits more like I've pulled on a very small cut Large instead...
    81 weeks ago
    I haven't had an issue with the Ladies XL.

I don't have a large chest though, so that might be one of the reasons.

The fabric of the shirts reminds me of American Apparel, and their sizes always run a little small.

The men sizes will work, but they won't curve to the female form like the ladies sizes (and they're a heavier material. It's a simple sewing adjustment, but you shouldn't have to alter a t-shirt. On the other hand, they're $10 tees, so altering them might be worth it.
    78 weeks ago
    I received my 5 shirts from the September grab bag and measured them across since most XL shirts fit me fine. All but one were snug on me (older shirts from previous months) and the measurements barely met 17 inches (more like 16 something) so that might explain why some women are having problems with the sizes. These fit more like a M-L. Normally 18 inch shirts fit me great but these aren't 18 inches. TeeFury really needs to update the sizing.
    78 weeks ago
    District12 said: I have just emailed them for the very same reason! I bought a large shirt a few months ago, it was loose and I loved the way it fit. I ordered two shirts on two consecutive days (actually, I bought one right at the turnover, so it was more like 20 minutes apart lol), and when I got the first one, I tried it on and realized it was too tight. Then I was really bummed because I knew another shirt was coming in that same size. I emailed them on Thursday, but still haven't heard back yet.
    78 weeks ago
    I bought my first women's size t shirt the other day, and yes, I am a skinny girl. 5'7" and 104 lbs. So, I do find the comment a little offensive. But, I do also have a question. When all of you ladies washed these shirts, did they shrink?? I had to order a medium shirt, because I was afraid that the small would be like the shirts we sell at work (I work at Spencers) As soon as you wash the shirt, you can't wear it ever again. So, I am hoping that if I wash this, it will shrink a little bit. Please, someone, let me know!!
    78 weeks ago
    Just compared two of the shirts (placed one on top of the other) and one is noticeably smaller than the other. Both are supposed to be the same size but one is an inch smaller than the other. No wonder some women are having issues with the shirts fitting.
    78 weeks ago
    The posts here are actually a comfort to me. I wear a size extra small and I'm usually pretty disappointed when I order a size small and wind up swimming in it. I'm a nerd, but I'm happy with my figure. I thought teefury tees would be wasted on me, but if the sizes run SMALLER for a SMALL, then I might be able to nerdup my wardrobes after all. :D Still sorry to hear that you purchases were unsatisfactory, of course, but thank you for posting here!